Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008
q6600 @ 3.2 with Zalman 9700NT

temps

core0 38
core1 38
core2 30
core3 30
the temps @ speedfan , can i trust them?

i dont understand the huge difference between the cores

on load @ 60

endyen

Splendid
There are two sensors on the Intel quad chips.
Each sensor is about 2 bits worth of silicon. You mobo has about the same amount of silicon that is used to translate the data from the sensors. If you built the system, you put them together for the first time. Did you calibrate them? (redundent question, there is no way to do that)
What amazes me is how often they are as close to accurate as they are. Looks like your second sensor may be read a little low.

Andrius

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004
The difference is quite normal for a quadcore.
I have a difference of up to 11°C during partial (not equal on all cores) load, and 6°C idle @ 3.0GHz.
Lapping the chip and cooler base might even temperatures out a bit
(not worth it IMO).
Your temperatures from Speedfan (if not calibrated) would scare me.
Mine were way below30°C when idle and around 45°C under full load.

Get CoreTemp : http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

carquote

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2007
You may be experiencing an issue with the way your CPU cooler is mounted. I have a Tuniq Tower and am not familiar with the installation of the Zalman, but it looks like it would install similarly. Make sure you secured the screws in a criss-cross fashion to ensure proper and even contact against all 4 cores of the CPU. also make sure you applied your TIM in a thin line across the CPU and then twisting in both directions after the cooler was mounted to ensure the TIM spreads out evenly and get rid of any air pockets.

One question. Is that 9700NT on low fan speed or high? That will make a difference in temp a bit.