Dial-up internet connection via bluetooth and mobile phone

June 2, 2004 8:27:39 AM

Hi,

I cannot establish a bluetooth/gsm/internet connection from my t625c
(known as t615 in US) via my Sony Bluetooth memory stick and via my
newly bought SonyEricsson t630 mobile phone. This worked fine with my
old Ericsson t39m phone. SonyEricsson support suggest I need an
updated bluetooth driver for my Clie. Where can I get the updated
driver? How can I tell what version of driver I currently have
installed on my Clie?

I can successfully establish a bluetooth dial-up internet connection
in the following ways:

Clie -> t39m mobile phone
Laptop -> t39m mobile phone
Laptop -> t630 mobile phone

But the following doesn't work:

Clie -> t630 mobile phone

On my Clie I have defined preferences for Bluetooth and Connection and
Network such that it should establish a GSM dial-up connection. This
works with my t39m, but not with my new t630.

Any help or advise would be much appreciated

-Andy
June 2, 2004 6:20:39 PM

Solution = Treo 600 :)

"SAS Plumber" <sasplumber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I cannot establish a bluetooth/gsm/internet connection from my t625c
> (known as t615 in US) via my Sony Bluetooth memory stick and via my
> newly bought SonyEricsson t630 mobile phone. This worked fine with my
> old Ericsson t39m phone. SonyEricsson support suggest I need an
> updated bluetooth driver for my Clie. Where can I get the updated
> driver? How can I tell what version of driver I currently have
> installed on my Clie?
>
> I can successfully establish a bluetooth dial-up internet connection
> in the following ways:
>
> Clie -> t39m mobile phone
> Laptop -> t39m mobile phone
> Laptop -> t630 mobile phone
>
> But the following doesn't work:
>
> Clie -> t630 mobile phone
>
> On my Clie I have defined preferences for Bluetooth and Connection and
> Network such that it should establish a GSM dial-up connection. This
> works with my t39m, but not with my new t630.
>
> Any help or advise would be much appreciated
>
> -Andy
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 12:49:19 PM

:-)

Is that available as a free download?

-Andy

"Mike" <mikeotown@nospam.msn.com> wrote in message news:<CJovc.6650$Ua7.683@bignews2.bellsouth.net>...
> Solution = Treo 600 :)
>
> "SAS Plumber" <sasplumber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I cannot establish a bluetooth/gsm/internet connection from my t625c
> > (known as t615 in US) via my Sony Bluetooth memory stick and via my
> > newly bought SonyEricsson t630 mobile phone. This worked fine with my
> > old Ericsson t39m phone. SonyEricsson support suggest I need an
> > updated bluetooth driver for my Clie. Where can I get the updated
> > driver? How can I tell what version of driver I currently have
> > installed on my Clie?
> >
> > I can successfully establish a bluetooth dial-up internet connection
> > in the following ways:
> >
> > Clie -> t39m mobile phone
> > Laptop -> t39m mobile phone
> > Laptop -> t630 mobile phone
> >
> > But the following doesn't work:
> >
> > Clie -> t630 mobile phone
> >
> > On my Clie I have defined preferences for Bluetooth and Connection and
> > Network such that it should establish a GSM dial-up connection. This
> > works with my t39m, but not with my new t630.
> >
> > Any help or advise would be much appreciated
> >
> > -Andy
June 5, 2004 11:43:32 AM

have you installed the T630 driver on the Clie? It should be the same as the
T610 but it's really difficult to find on the Palm One site. Email me and
I'll send it to you if you don't have it. It won't connect without this
software. If you are on Vodafone, they have a nice wee utility that works on
all Palms (except OS5) which will do the connections for you.

Cheers

"SAS Plumber" <sasplumber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I cannot establish a bluetooth/gsm/internet connection from my t625c
> (known as t615 in US) via my Sony Bluetooth memory stick and via my
> newly bought SonyEricsson t630 mobile phone. This worked fine with my
> old Ericsson t39m phone. SonyEricsson support suggest I need an
> updated bluetooth driver for my Clie. Where can I get the updated
> driver? How can I tell what version of driver I currently have
> installed on my Clie?
>
> I can successfully establish a bluetooth dial-up internet connection
> in the following ways:
>
> Clie -> t39m mobile phone
> Laptop -> t39m mobile phone
> Laptop -> t630 mobile phone
>
> But the following doesn't work:
>
> Clie -> t630 mobile phone
>
> On my Clie I have defined preferences for Bluetooth and Connection and
> Network such that it should establish a GSM dial-up connection. This
> works with my t39m, but not with my new t630.
>
> Any help or advise would be much appreciated
>
> -Andy
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 4:00:19 PM

Hi John,

No I certainly don't have the t630 driver installed on the Clie. Yes,
I certainly would like to get a copy. Many thanks for the info.

I'll email you as requested...

Cheers

-Andy

!