Thoughts on this build?

Waspy

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2005
Case: Thermaltake Armor Series VA8003SWA Silver ATX Full Tower Computer Case w/ 25CM Fan - Retail
Mother board: ASUS Striker Extreme
CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 Yorkfield
GPUs: EVGA 512-P3-N802-AR GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 X 2 (SLIed)
Display: Some 30" monitor...will probably be the Dell 3007WFP-HC.

Questions for you guys!
1.) What would your graphics card solution be?
2.) What PSU will fit with into the ThermalTake Armor where the PSU is mounted on its side? I know the Enermax Galaxy will not fit, and that PSU is awesome...although probably partially overkill.
3.) What RAM? I have no clue yet!

Here the reasoning for what I have so far:
Case - Nice case, plenty of room, very good cooling with the 25CM side fan directly on GPUs/CPU. Also aluminum for those rare LAN gaming occurances (slightly lighter).
Mother board - Have not heard enough good stuff about 780i to be worthwhile investment. Also practically an ASUS fan boy, hehe.
CPU - Supreme Commander all the way! Plus plan on doing some dual monitor work down the road, and may use a few programs which can utilize quad core technology. Mostly, I think this technology is really great, and I don't mind spending a few extra bucks to congratulate Intel on an awesome job!
GPUs - Still up in the air...this is what is hanging at a "if I had to buy right now" moment.
Display - Spend about 40% of time on the computer watching something, so a big display makes sense...plus I've heard many good things about gaming at this resolution IF you can sit back far enough and IF you have the GPU power to do it.

amd_fanboi

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
1: 8800GTS / HD3870X2

not sure about the rest :p.

if you're spending that much on a PC why not wait until Intel release Nehalem??? be a lot more powerful than what we have now