Mohammed

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2004

I have WindowsXP-home. when i boot the computer it starts normally, i get
the desktop and all the icons but i cannot open any application. The only
thing i can do is ALT+CRTL+ DEL and log off and log back in with the same
users or different user.

Regards

Mohammed Kaleem

Hi

Please go to Doug Knox's web site and try the fix for .EXE files:

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"mohammed" <mohammed@sgc.com> wrote in message

> I have WindowsXP-home. when i boot the computer it starts normally, i get
> the desktop and all the icons but i cannot open any application. The only
> thing i can do is ALT+CRTL+ DEL and log off and log back in with the same
> users or different user.
>

> Regards
>
> Mohammed Kaleem

And also the .lnk (link) association.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> Hi
>
> Please go to Doug Knox's web site and try the fix for .EXE files:
>
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "mohammed" <mohammed@sgc.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I have WindowsXP-home. when i boot the computer it starts normally, i get
>> the desktop and all the icons but i cannot open any application. The
>> only thing i can do is ALT+CRTL+ DEL and log off and log back in with the
>> same users or different user.
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Mohammed Kaleem

Thanks Rick - I forgot the .lnk files.

--

> And also the .lnk (link) association.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

>> Hi
>>
>> Please go to Doug Knox's web site and try the fix for .EXE files:
>>
>> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "mohammed" <mohammed@sgc.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I have WindowsXP-home. when i boot the computer it starts normally, i
>>> get the desktop and all the icons but i cannot open any application.
>>> The only thing i can do is ALT+CRTL+ DEL and log off and log back in
>>> with the same users or different user.
>>>

>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Mohammed Kaleem

Mohammed

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2004

Thanx for your help Rick but my problem still persist.

" When i boot the computer it starts normally, i get the desktop and all
the icons but i cannot open any application.
The only thing i can do is ALT+CRTL+ DEL and and when i do and try to log
off it shows an error explorer.exe is running and need to end task.

Regards
Mohammed Kaleem

> Thanks Rick - I forgot the .lnk files.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups

>> And also the .lnk (link) association.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Please go to Doug Knox's web site and try the fix for .EXE files:
>>>
>>> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Will Denny
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>>

>>> "mohammed" <mohammed@sgc.com> wrote in message

Hi,

How about in Safe mode? Does the problem still occur there?

--

> Thanx for your help Rick but my problem still persist.
>
> " When i boot the computer it starts normally, i get the desktop and all
> the icons but i cannot open any application.
> The only thing i can do is ALT+CRTL+ DEL and and when i do and try to log
> off it shows an error explorer.exe is running and need to end task.
>
> Regards
> Mohammed Kaleem

>> Thanks Rick - I forgot the .lnk files.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> And also the .lnk (link) association.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>>
>>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message

Mohammed

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2004

In safe mode it works fine. Even in the normal mode it happens only
sometimes

Regards

Mohammed Kaleem
> Hi,
>
> How about in Safe mode? Does the problem still occur there?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Mohammed" <mohammed@sgc.com> wrote in message
>> Thanx for your help Rick but my problem still persist.
>>
>> " When i boot the computer it starts normally, i get the desktop and
>> all the icons but i cannot open any application.
>> The only thing i can do is ALT+CRTL+ DEL and and when i do and try to log
>> off it shows an error explorer.exe is running and need to end task.
>>
>> Regards
>> Mohammed Kaleem
>>

>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Thanks Rick - I forgot the .lnk files.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Will Denny
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>>

>>> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message

Hi,

Then I would use a diagnostic boot to determine what program or combination
of programs is causing the problem.

How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP [Q310560]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560