swaresnis

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
Helo, i bough half and one year back ASUS P5LD2 but with PCB R1.x, the thing bothers me, i want to change a cpu to core 2 duo or dual core, if im right there was already version PCB R2.0 realesed, and i wanted to ask, should i claim and ask the company where i bough the mobo to change to newer mobo with PCB R2.0 ? will the company would be right or me?

cant be sure, but if im right PCB R2.0 was released half and year back...

jamstan

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2007
The revision 2 boards are usually shown as revision 2 boards in their ads.
Heres an example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131048R
If a 2.0 revision board was out when you bought a revision 1 board then you should have researched the board better back then before you bought a superceded board. Nobodys going to replace an out of warranty motherboard. A lot of companies sell revisions of boards that aren't the latest revision. When buying a new motherboard a person needs to see what the latest revision of that board is and make sure they are getting the latest revision.
It's well past the 30 way return period most companies have. Even if they advertised a 2 board and sent you a 1 you had 30 days to return it for the proper board. Expecting them to do it a year and a half later is a joke. Never gonna happen.

Farga

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
By the way........
How do you know that your board is the first or second revision??
I have the same problem with swaresnis......