My monitor screen is too wide

Hello,
my darn gateway monitor screen is too wide. How do i reduce it to the regular size? I pressed Ctrl and held down on the scroll lock and nothing happens. i tried to reset it with the monitor button but nothing happens.i can not view the right side graphic on my monitor
8 answers Last reply
More about monitor screen wide
  1. push the menu button on the monitor, scroll through the monitor menus, there should be a horizontal and vertical size adjustment.
    You should be able to adjust that so that the image does not spill off the sides of the viewable area.
    Then there should also be a save option, to save the settings.
    On some older monitors, the settings are lost when the monitor looses power.
    Also go to the gateway website and download the manual for the monitor to familiarize yourself with the setup adjustments.
  2. Right click on the desktop-->properties-->you may need to adjust your screen resolution.
  3. Check the monitor model and find what it's native resolution is, then use aford10's instructions to set the computer resolution to that. If you still get a cut off of your screen, see if there is an "Auto Adjust" button on the monitor. Sometimes is needs to set itself that way to work properly with a different resolution.
  4. soundguruman said:
    push the menu button on the monitor, scroll through the monitor menus, there should be a horizontal and vertical size adjustment.
    You should be able to adjust that so that the image does not spill off the sides of the viewable area.
    Then there should also be a save option, to save the settings.
    On some older monitors, the settings are lost when the monitor looses power.
    Also go to the gateway website and download the manual for the monitor to familiarize yourself with the setup adjustments.

    ok thanks
  5. aford10 said:
    Right click on the desktop-->properties-->you may need to adjust your screen resolution.

    thanks
  6. hang-the-9 said:
    Check the monitor model and find what it's native resolution is, then use aford10's instructions to set the computer resolution to that. If you still get a cut off of your screen, see if there is an "Auto Adjust" button on the monitor. Sometimes is needs to set itself that way to work properly with a different resolution.

    thanks a million
  7. You're welcome
Ask a new question

Read More

Monitors Gateway Windows XP