New Build For Gaming/Photoshop - NEED ADVICE PLEASE!

Thank you for taking the time to read my build. My goal is to build a system that is future-proof and can run new games on blast. Most parts are being purchased from new egg. Any suggestions/improvements are most certainly welcome!

PROCESSOR: INTEL E8400 WOLFIE $239

MOBO: EVGA LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel $249

MEMORY: OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 8GB(4 x 2GB) SDRAM DDR2 800 $192

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GeForce 8800GTX $350 (Changed from GTS)

FAN/HEATSINK: ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink $41

POWER: OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W $100

CASE: Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel Computer Case $110

CD/DVD: ASUS DRW-2014L1T - DVD Burner $35

HARD DRIVE: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache $120

OS: Windows Vista 64 Bit System Builders $129 (also will be running leopard hackintosh)

MONITOR: Westinghouse L2410NM Black 24" 8ms Widescreen LCD $399

KEY: Logitech G11 Keyboard $59

MOUSE: Logitech MX518 2-Tone Mouse $40

SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer $50

Let me know what you think, thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about build gaming photoshop advice please
  1. Everything looks good except for the Monitor. I don't know that I'd buy a Westinghouse. (Just had bad experiences w/ them in the past) I also can't find what panel type it is. If it's TN, then I'd think a Samsung 245BW would be a much more attractive deal.
  2. If your spending that kind of money you might as well add another hard drive, 1st for OS\Programs, 2nd for Swap File, Games, Video, mp3's, Data, etc. Also I don't see a heat sink you may look at:

Light to Moderate OC - Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler

High OC - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler w/Artic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound
  3. Oh, I figured this may be worth mentioning depending how much you use photoshop. I know for a fact that Photoshop CS3 is multithreaded, so if you work with very large images with lots of layers, then I'd go for a quad core. Specifically, I'd wait for the Q9450 to hit and then go that route.
  4. I would get the Zalman 9700, instead of the 9500. Or one of these:

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm
  5. Ive had a couple ocz stealthxstream and gamexstream models. All of them were kinda on the loud side..finally switched to the modxstream version.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems