Why cant I rotate my screen?

I have Vista. My office has their LCD Projectore mounted upside down, so in order for it to display correctly, I need to flip the screen on my acer upside down. I've done it before, but I'll be friggin dam*ed if I can't figure out how the hell I did it. The "short key" approach doesn't work (i.e. ctrl + alt + arrow(s)). I've googled, dug through every preference/settings/etc function I can find, and can't seem to find how to do it. All the How-To instructions I can find online give very detailed instructions, but I don't seem to have the options/links/tabs on whatever given screen I'm supposed to. If it's dependent on a "video card" that I may--or may not--have installed, I probably couldn't tell you what I have. Anyway...all I know is that I have an Acer laptop; I have Vista; and I want to flip my flippin screen ;). It can be done, b/c I did it. But I was too dumb to remember what I did. I'm offering $8 Millions dollars in fake, non-existing, ghost-dollars to anyone who can help me. Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about rotate screen
  1. update: I have an ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 video card...if that helps at all

2. Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

On one of my systens, Shift and arrow does it for me. On another, I have to add in Control and I've seen some with Alt in the mix as well. Is there anyting in the ATI Control Panel?

Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows Vista