Missing operating system at boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcopr

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
My name is Francisco thank you all in advance.

I have Vista 64 OS, I was trying to restore my windows from the D partitions on the HD to OEM, when restart the computer holding down the zero button, started but then a boot manager window open saying windows fail to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1.- Insert windows installation disc and restart. ( I do not have one)
2.-Choose your language
3.- click "repair your computer"
If you do not have this disc,contact your system administrator or computer manufacture for assistance.
file: window\system32\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

Then I try to buy a software to fix it pay $10 for start up boot disc and downloaded to a USB, but the lap at restart does not read the USB, what in the hell I'm doing wrong.
I also purchase a new disc from Toshiba it will take more than a week to arrive and I need it the lap top.
Can anyone help me.

Solution

Some older computers can't boot from USB. If yours is supposed to, did you enter setup (f2) and make USB first boot device ? Also some manufacturers assign another PF key for booting from different devices.

Solution

fcopr

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
Yes I did select to rebut with the USB. Still won't reboot. Now I just receive the Start disc and still do not want to reboot. I change the order to reboot form DVD/CD and says the same thing as before.
I'm going bananas with this computer... HELP!!

It is frustrating, I know, but hang in there !
Are you able to startup in safe mode ? If so get to command prompt and enter
copy winload.exe c:\windows\system32 (Then reboot computer)
(It is in the root directory, so you might have to enter
copy c:\winload.exe c:\windows\system32

Another solution might be to disconnect all USB Devices from the computer and try again to boot from the cd/dvd with the disk you received.

I have read in this link the probable cause of the problem may be an Automatic Windows update to the Vista OS. This link also has some other possible solutions. Many users have had this same problem, but with different resolutions, so take time to read through. Hope this helps.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistadeployment/thread/189dc129-551f-4336-8c88-fdfaa2fd75d3/

cllaer

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
If you do not have this disc,contact your system administrator or computer manufacture for assistance.
g.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.