Wireless network connection icon - error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
the icon representing my wireless connection either says - connecting or disconnected, while i still have access to the internet? I have recently use the restore disks on my Tohiba satellite laptop. Can't think of the model, but could window's update fix this?

dbaby7

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
Did you try disabling and re-enabling the wireless connection? Start - connect to - all network connections - right click disable - right click enable

G

I found a simple fix to this, First of all if the red x is to the right of your network then you simply delete it from your saved networks (manage wireless networks) and reconnect.
if the red x is on you task bar over the wireless notification icon then it is slightly harder but not to hard.
First go to Control Panel then search "Drivers" then click on "device manager". There will be a list of all the driver software you have installed on your computer, go to "network adapters" right click on "Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter" then go to "Update Driver Software..." click on search automatically and it will update. this will now show in your network and sharing center. Do the same for your default network adapter e.g = (broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter) and it should work.

really hope this helps it took me till 12:00 messing around until anything worked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.