No screen resolution options

josie90

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Hello, my dell notebook has lost screen resolution options after formatting it at a computer shop. Now the screen is over stretched and the screen is too small for whats displaying it. As a result of formatting I had also lost my bluetooth, wi-fi button and battery status button. What can I do to perhaps get everything back to normal?

you should have tested it before leaving the shop really--hope they didnt charge too much if they didnt even bother to install your drivers

as previously said let us know the model number--or if you connect to the net by ethernet cable --assuming the drivers in for that-- run windows update--chances are it will pick up the drivers

Combat Wombat

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Check if you have your Ethernet driver, and if you do, just do a Mass windows update, Windows 7 (Pro for sure) helps with drivers ect, I went to do a driver install on a mates PC, but before I did I completed a windows update and after a reboot 90% of all the drivers needed where there and installed. So that would fix your resolution issue because it sounds like you are missing your driver. But because it's a new unit the drivers may not be included in the update yet. Either way dell has a function on their website where you can put in your serial number....yep your serial number and it will show you all the drivers you need to get back into it.

Good Luck :)