• Intel

Votes: 58 54.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

boonality

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008
Thank you scottoliver for wasting the 10 seconds out of my life that it took to see the completely worthless and wasteful contents of this thread.

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
FLAMEBAIT DETECTED!!!!
where's thunderman? ah well, i'll fill in - EVIL INTEL AMD4LIFE PHENOM BEATS P4 AT EVERYTHING
oh yeah - and i predict huge losses for intel this year XD

yipsl

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006

Can I laugh at you for the lamest fanboy poll I've seen? What the heck are you actually polling? There are reasons to value AMD at certain price points. Absolute CPU performance, Intel. That goes without saying in this CPU generation.

Still, I prefer ATI/AMD GPU's and chipsets. My son and my niece are getting Athlon X2 4200+ CPU's with 780G boards with 3470 for hybrid Crossfire. I'll laugh at anyone who thinks Intel IGP's work for a kid's computer. Since they're not in the Crysis or Supreme Commander age bracket, anything they want to play, from Fate to Guitar Hero III should work okay at the resolutions of their old 17" CRTs. It's also a good solution for their educational software and for watching Disney and Pokemon DVDs.

Four our HTPC's, a Phenom 9150 with a 780G board, a 3470, a TV Wonder and a Bluray drive is what I'm waiting for. Go ahead and laugh at that. I'll laugh at anyone who thinks that Intel's IGP works for an HTPC.

The 780G and GeForce 8200 put a major hurt on the G35 with average CPU utilization rates around 24% compared to 84%. The GeForce 8200 had slight increases in the processor utilization rates when implementing LPCM 5.1 or Dolby True HD decoding through PowerDVD Ultra 7.3. LPCM 5.1 audio bitrates averaged 4608 Kbps with Dolby True HD ranging from 2640~4608 Kbps depending on the scene.

During heavy action sequences, the G35 processor utilization rates were constantly above 90% and we did experience some judder at times if not outright pausing. If we changed our audio stream to Dolby TrueHD or 5.1 LPCM, the CPU utilization rates stayed at 97%~100% during the action sequences with average rates being around 87%. Actually, judder was no different from the Dolby Digital 5.1 audio stream so we would suggest sticking with the higher audio quality streams but suggest a processor such as an E6750 for a better viewing experience.

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3258&p=1

Since the on-board graphics unit comes with hardware decoding support for MPEG-2, H.264 and VC-1, a separate add-in card is no longer required to enjoy hardware video acceleration for these codecs. All that's left for the CPU to do is to decode the HDCP copy protection and the audio stream. On the previous 690G chipset, even a brawny Athlon 64 X2 6400 CPU was unable to provide smooth HD-video playback. The new 780G chipset, on the other hand, has no trouble with this task, even when paired with a comparatively anemic AMD Sempron 63 3200+.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/03/04/amd_780g_chipset/page3.html

I'll get a B3 Phenom in April on a 780G board with DDR2 1066 to upgrade the system in my sig. That way, I won't have to buy a new motherboard in December when Deneb arrives. What I really want is a 45nm Deneb clocked at 3.0 or 3.2 stock.

That upgrade fits my budget. If I went Intel now, I'd have to buy a new motherboard and RAM for Nehalem. My wife has a 690G board and I'll put a Phenom in that, probably a triple core 8450. I only got my current 690V board two months ago because the 780G wasn't out yet. So, it will go into a PC for the guestroom.

Dude, I know so many people who got Dell's with lousy Prescott's and Smithfields. I didn't laugh at them. I just blamed Intel marketing. At least with AMD in this generation, people know what they're getting, a decent but not overclockable CPU for budget OEM's, multimedia and mainstream gaming.

I don't see this as feeding a troll, but as educating those clueless people who might think that because Intel has the enthusiast solutions, that AMD loses in every category.

I don't get what is so funny about voting for AMD.

Odds are that the OP won't visit this thread again.

Shame they no longer have a post count under our avatars anymore, or else I would say...
+1 POST FOR ME!!!!!!!!!

Blah Blah. Everything you have said before. And still bashing the old Prescotts even though they were hot and power hungry were not 100% bad chips.

Either way stupid thread.

My opinion:

flamebait.jpg

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
i'm going to jibber insanely just to improve the quality of the thread:
neb? eat my face, what monkey rail with banana seasoning and money filled box? reconsituted egg, flavoured rhino horn the egg the egg THE EGG!!!!

I voted just cuz I can and will. Except for president as there is no decent canidate right now. Maybe I should try.... the thought of controling all those nukes... I mean happy peaceful bunnies?

Status
Not open for further replies.