Crysis 1.2 Patch Download

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/245454-15-crossfire-faqs

What will happend if 2 cards have the same amount of memory but one has higher clocks than the other?
One of the best ways to learn is to make examples.
You have a 8800GT(Normal edition,no OverClocks) and you want to add another 8800GT(Which is OverClocked),then:

1_The OverClocked one will lower its clocks to reach the Non-OverClocked card.

2_You can OverClock your card(The one that has Stock frequencies) and reach the OverClocked card.
Remember, you cant ALWAYS OverClock the normal card to reach the other card,because it may not OverClock that much and may become stable.

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
Hate to poop on anyones party, but I downloaded it last night and it seems like it has added at least one bug, and doesnt seem to improve performance. I am playing at 1680X1050, no AA, no AF, ultra high (hacked XP) and I get frames anywhere between 12-24. Also, the bug I noticed makes the Hummers rear wheels invisible, yea really weird. I am using Nvidia's newest beta drivers. 8800 GTX, e6600 @3.4Ghz, 4GB Ram, 680I mobo. Well, I hope everyone else has a better 1.2 experience.

review_benchmark_hun

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
my ultra high on hacked XP literally screwed the game, enemies no longer attack you, because their weapons are floating in the air.

Never mind that, it really sucks if the new patch 'created' a new bug

homerdog

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007

:heink:

spoonboy

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007

It might be an issue with drivers having to adjust to the changes in the game that the patch introduced. I think more likely for those with hacked configs it is a problem with these non-standard configs interfering with the patching process. Make a copy of the files you changed, replace the standard cvars and what-have-you and try re-patching/reinstalling the game. I'd try changing driver versions first though.

homerdog

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah I know that, but how can you complain about glitches when you're using a "hacked" config? I use some .cfg tweaks myself, but I don't go b*tching when things start glitching.

homerdog

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
The tires will come back if you load a level from the beginning.

Performance wise I can't tell a difference with the patch, but I just went from Vista 32 to Vista 64 so I can't make a direct comparison.

SirCrono

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
After applying patch 1.2 the voices and images doesn't get out of sync in the nuke scene, I have a non hacked version on win xp pro and there seems to be no bugs and performance stayed the same, my pings went down a little in MP but that's probably my ISP, it's going throug some changes now

Maximus_Delta

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
You can't have a modified or pirated version of the game. A clean install then patch will fix the problems.

I am pretty happy with the patch. Sounds like a few bugs have crept in but major bugs have been fixed. Multiplayer online and power struggle is improved and better balanced with the patch. If you haven't played Crysis online yet I'd recommend giving it a try, especially with the 1.2 improvements...

review_benchmark_hun

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008

that's not true, you just gotta re-crack it *ahem*

The patch reset all my keyboard settings, some other settings & the cVargroup

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006

I have Ultra hacked on XP running 1920x1080, GTX's SLI, all high. My framerate on Crysis benchmark NOAA/AF went from average 29fps to 34fps, so it had a slight improvement and didn't screw anything up. With AA/AF enable 4X it dropped to 30fps which is not to bad.

Its always been playable at that rez but I wanted more considering the age of the game and the promised improvements when using SLI. Still it is an intense game and maybe there is only so much they can do.

It looks awesome either way but I've moved on to Assassins Creed and lately got hooked on replaying Orange Box halflife series on my laptop of all places, Dell M1330 tears that game engine up even on a laptop with measly 8400GS(Oced of course).