Samsumg vs seagate

I want to ask what of thoose hdd is better?
Samsung-hd753lj 750gb
seagate st3750330as 750gb

thx
6 answers Last reply
More about samsumg seagate
  1. trance4850 said:
    I want to ask what of thoose hdd is better?
    Samsung-hd753lj 750gb
    seagate st3750330as 750gb

thx

Over at the Tech Report forum they have discussed this: Samsung-hd753lj 750gb and the seagate st3750330as 750gb.

Maybe you'll find it interesting?
  2. real hard to say. i have 2 Seagate 640's & 2 Seagate 320's, and a Samsung 1 TB.

the Samsung 1 TB is 5400 RPM. i also bought Samsung about 10 years ago, i have a 4 GB Samsung that has Win 95 and it is rock solid (knock on wood.)

i think they're both good, AND it's important to make sure, if you're getting a Seagate in the 7200.11 series, that you're not receiving one of the disks that had firmware problems and is being off-loaded by some e-tailer.
  3. I know about seagate failures because week ago 750 gb model fail and waranty now giving me samsung 750gb
  4. i have 2 of the samsungs and have had no issues. they seem fast, quiet and reliable for about 6 months now. i used to buy seagates but these were cheaper and had good reviews. usable space is 698gig.
  5. If samsng is quite that good because sea was loud
  6. I was researching 1 TB drives for bulk storage in the new PC that I built. And right about then, the Seagate firmware bug hit. This was before people knew that it was a firmware bug. And I found reports of strange, umm, incomatbilites with the 1 TB Samsungs. I decided on 2 WD 10AADS (new Green) drives.

I only have about three months on them, but so far, they are fast enough and really quiet.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Seagate Samsung Storage