Sign in with
Your question

Getting into Safemode

Last response: in Windows Vista
February 20, 2012 7:00:10 PM

I have a Toshiba u205-s5067 . The computer boots and after the Toshiba screen it goes directly to the flashing cursor window. I have tried f8 for safemode and not been successful. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

More about : safemode

a b 8 Security
February 21, 2012 7:35:38 PM

PuraVida71 said:
I have a Toshiba u205-s5067 . The computer boots and after the Toshiba screen it goes directly to the flashing cursor window. I have tried f8 for safemode and not been successful. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Do you have Windows CD to boot from ?

On a working Computer, you could download a Kapersky Rescue file to boot from (CD or USB, if your laptop supports USB booting). Or just Google Rescue CD and pick one.
m
l
February 21, 2012 7:44:33 PM

I do not have any of the original disks to boot from; I will search for what you suggested. Thank you!
m
l
Related resources
February 22, 2012 10:57:11 AM

If you can get into Windows, you can enable the safemode boot via msconfig, and checking the /SAFEBOOT option.
m
l
February 27, 2012 7:11:00 PM

I now have the Recovery Disks and even with putting them in you are still taken directly to the black window with the cursor prompt. Only option from there is type something or hit the power button. Any other suggestions? Thanks very much.
m
l
a b 8 Security
February 27, 2012 10:06:39 PM

PuraVida71 said:
I now have the Recovery Disks and even with putting them in you are still taken directly to the black window with the cursor prompt. Only option from there is type something or hit the power button. Any other suggestions? Thanks very much.

It is 5 years old, any anything might happen.
1 - Turn off - Remove CMOS battery and let setup reconfigure system.
m
l
!