vibe

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Hello everybody,

I've been looking for a home to house a new build that will become my main PC gaming rig. I've been looking at the old clasic Antec 900 but have been put off by the number of external drive bays. My current rig is a Thermaltake Armor that has 11 (sort of) the Antec only has 9 and I know I'll fill them. While doing some research i found the Lian Li 343B Cube

http://www.xoxide.com/lian-li-pc-343b-case.html

18 5.25 bays WOW! and it looks dam sexy.

Now size isnt an issue (lets keep the silly comments to a minimum please) as I'm planing for it to live in a games room and I dont really care about noise for the same reason plus I normaly use a headset but has anyone got any comments on this case or experiance with it? or recomend another case with cooling and expandability in mind, dont care about noise or size but this is case is close to the limit I'm looking to spend.

Many thanks

Ian

Oh and I know you dont get any hard drive caddies with it, I have hotswappable style ones ready to use.

vibe

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
haha no but it's a good idea.

I want 1 or 2 of these...
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-017-BT
To hold my RAID disks, 1 raid for OS and another for storage plus the ability to build HDs for use in other systems or as additional storage. Again probably overkill having 2 but I recon I would fill 1 up.

Besides those, 2 optical drives, card reader, 1 maybe 2 fan controlers and intend to use 1 or 2 WC loops and would like a temp readout for them, maybe even a floppy lol!

All adds up and while 18 is probably more then I'll need cases around 9-11 dont really give me all the options I'm after.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
^ lol great idea, might buy one for my mother's 900. Any way that case looks great, and Im sure it cools very well, though some high CFM fans would go a long way. It's a Lian-Li, that means quality, get it and be happy.