coligri

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
I am running Windows xp and have just had a box onscreen saying my computer has recovered from a serious error.
The eroor signature is as follows:
BCCODE:F4 BCP1:00000003 BCP2:85423DA0 BCP3:85423F14 BCP4:805FB146 OSver:5-1-2600 SP:3-0 PRODUCT 256-1

The technical info is as follows:

C:\DOCUMEN~1\Colin\LOCALS~1|Temp\WER544f.dir00\Mini 071810-02.dmp

C:\DOCUMEN~1\Colin\LOCALS~1|Temp\WER544f.dir00\\sysdata.xml

Can anybody please tell me what this means and what steps I should take to correct whatever has gone wrong.

Colin

Solution
you actually may not need to do anything. Your anti virus or other system software may have done it already.
you may have been attacked by malware, or you may have had a system error caused by an update, or other issue.
It is a really great idea to backup all your personal files, in case of future trouble. You may elect to use an online back up service such as MOZY, which gives you the first two GB free.
It is a really great idea to update your anti virus and scan the entire system.
Other than a backup and a scan, don't worry too much. The system in place has already corrected the problem.
You can look in the system log, error log, if you want to study the exact error. You can look in the antivirus log (if there is one) to see if you...
you actually may not need to do anything. Your anti virus or other system software may have done it already.
you may have been attacked by malware, or you may have had a system error caused by an update, or other issue.
It is a really great idea to backup all your personal files, in case of future trouble. You may elect to use an online back up service such as MOZY, which gives you the first two GB free.
It is a really great idea to update your anti virus and scan the entire system.
Other than a backup and a scan, don't worry too much. The system in place has already corrected the problem.
You can look in the system log, error log, if you want to study the exact error. You can look in the antivirus log (if there is one) to see if you were attacked.

Solution

coligri

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010

Cheers you are quite right in that I dont need to do anything,my antivirus program seems to have sorted it out for me.Thanks for taking the time to reply.I found your comments really helpful.

Coligri