Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

OCZ NIA neural impulse actuator "brain mouse"?

Last response: in Components
Share
March 25, 2008 11:07:23 PM

Supposedly it was supposed to be shipping by the end of this month. Has anyone seen one for sale yet?
Every place I can find it listed for sale says it is not yet in stock.

http://gadgets.qj.net/OCZ-to-launch-brain-mouse-Neural-Impulse-Actuator-for-multi-core-PCs/pg/49/aid/115133
March 26, 2008 6:56:45 AM

alpine18 said:
Supposedly it was supposed to be shipping by the end of this month. Has anyone seen one for sale yet?
Every place I can find it listed for sale says it is not yet in stock.

http://gadgets.qj.net/OCZ-to-launch-brain-mouse-Neural-Impulse-Actuator-for-multi-core-PCs/pg/49/aid/115133


Done this one, in one of my previous topics,,, cant be bothered to look for it as i did this two - three weeks ago.....

I am waiting for 5 to come in as its a first come first served and I have ordered 5......


Just to recap


found it

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/248933-10-coolest-c...



March 26, 2008 2:42:22 PM

Will these be available at stores or only online? and if so only online what sites will have it?
Also what is the price, I see $300 everywhere, but OCZ has it MSRP for $160 and said it was gonna go for $160, but still again $300 pops up everywhere for some reason
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 26, 2008 4:14:05 PM

Most of the online retailers that have these listed have them priced in the $140 to $160 range. Unfortunately no stock yet. One retailer listed them as being available in April 2008.

I think it is the Emotiv that is supposed to be $300 when it is available for sale (supposedly later this year). The Emotiv looks like it does a lot more than the NIA, but has a lot more sensors and covers more of your head.
March 26, 2008 4:16:43 PM

Hellboy said:


I am waiting for 5 to come in as its a first come first served and I have ordered 5......


Where did you order them from?
March 26, 2008 7:56:42 PM

alpine18 said:
Where did you order them from?


Im in the trade, i have ordered them from a OCZ distributor......

They look the nuts dont they......

Price is around ( hopefully ) the 200 to 300 retail dollar mark. OCZ are just putting finishing touches and hopefully should have some in a couple of weeks, i was quoted delivery 3 weeks ago - 4 to 6 weeks time....

As soon as I have got one, ill post the results here....

March 26, 2008 8:02:13 PM

please do. I plan to pick one up if its at the $160 price.
March 27, 2008 4:19:01 AM

Apparently MSRP is now $159.95, according to what I've been reading on various forums. http://forum.ncixus.com/forums/index.php?mode=showthread&forum=116&threadid=1602202&pagenumber=1&subpage=1 Which is in line with what most of the prices I have seen (do a google shopping search for part number "OCZMSNIA").
I'm a little surprised that OCZ hasn't publicized this new product a little more. The OCZ reps on the OCZ support forums seem to be in the dark dark about this product.

March 27, 2008 7:02:15 AM

alpine18 said:
Apparently MSRP is now $159.95, according to what I've been reading on various forums. http://forum.ncixus.com/forums/index.php?mode=showthread&forum=116&threadid=1602202&pagenumber=1&subpage=1 Which is in line with what most of the prices I have seen (do a google shopping search for part number "OCZMSNIA").
I'm a little surprised that OCZ hasn't publicized this new product a little more. The OCZ reps on the OCZ support forums seem to be in the dark dark about this product.



Well all i know is how much I am paying in UK pounds in the trade which is £89 plus the vat....

So what i understand the current rate will be in dollars will be around double i guess...

Ill ring my supplier today to find out when its comming......

Why hasnt it been more prominent...

Well I put this on the forum, and it didnt get many reads so i guess no ones interested in new hardware, or dont believe in it....

We need to get something that radically puts the pc in front in gaming technology......

What we need is a Wii type controller, yes the pcs got high def now, but the Wii hasnt, the xbox and ps3's got hi def but no controller like the Wii.... Could this be the new Wii controller we are waiting for... Who knows ?


I guess that 90% of all enthusiasts play games, and we need something to bring the pc back to a substantional fore front in gaming as it has lost ground to the xbox 360, - the Playstation 3 is not a threat due to the fact that it sells one game to 16 Xbox 360 in our local game shop ( i know this, i know someone whos a manager at both local shops ).....

Now if this does as it says on the tin, and is a pc only unit -- only the pc has the memory capabilities to run this then we are in for some experiences that have never been before it...

Think forward, move forward, look left, move left -- for fps it will re invent them all...

The unit is calibrated by software and moves when you thing certain thoughts, now imagine in a few years time when the mouse and keyboard is removed and all you do is think the words or move the mouse pointer - if we need one.

We will all look a "dork" wearing one, just like bluetooth headsets but atleast its saving us from rsi.....

These units will get better in time..


Look forward to this new technology and lets hope it does what it says
!