windows xp mup sys freeze

G

Hello, I'm running windows xp pro on my toshiba satellite p35. it is freezing at the windows login screen. when i load in safe mode, it freezes at the mup.sys command. I see that this has happened to some folks out there but its not even fixed after using the recovery disc. Any suggestions?

hold down F8 and start the computer
look for recovery options, such as last known good configuration, restore system, restore to previous date, not all computers have this, but it's worth a look.

your next option is to try the manufacturer's restore disk, or to use an XP pro disk to do a system repair. The directions for a system repair are located in Tom's XP forum, fifth post from the top. Read the directions and follow them carefully.

System repair almost always works, and normally does not erase your personal files. But I would hope that you have a backup of your files anyway?

But if the manufacturer restore disk does not work, I would try the system repair for sure. The only problem being that you need an XP Pro install disk to do it.