DSBF-DE/SAS no beeps no screen!

totenmond

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2008
Hello,

I have recently purchased the DSBF-DE/SAS, and two E5420 Quadcore Xeons, which are said to be supported since BIOS release 1005. So I called tech-support before the purchase to make sure whether it is the initial release version, because i have no spare Xeons laying around to flash the board in case it would not be shipped with 1005. They said it is inital release, so I bought it. Now I have a blank screen all the time, all the fans are on, the green power led is on but the "SAS LED" is blinking all permanently and there are no beeps at all. I tried the usual troubleshooting but nothing worked so far. All the jumpers are set correctly. I've even tried different screens and an add-in graphics(pcie) card apart from the onboard one. Any ideas? I am clueless ... System doesn't even beep when there is no ram installed.

G

Ha I just did the same thing (went from initial release 1001 to 1007) and ended up with the same result, no screen, no beeps and now my server is unusable. Was there ever a resolution to this problem?

dustinrandle

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
Ha I just did the same thing (went from initial release 1001 to 1007) and ended up with the same result, no screen, no beeps and now my server is unusable. Was there ever a resolution to this problem?

I contacted ASUS and they shipped me a new Bios chip, they said once replaced it would fix this problem. Once i get it I will update this thread with the results. I hope this works.

UPDATE: I Got the new Bios Chip, popped it in and it booted right up. The Bios was 1008 which is indicated on their website as the only one that supports my E5420. I hope this helps anyone who runs into the same problem.