Sign in with
Your question

i need a case!!

Last response: in Components
March 26, 2008 3:42:57 PM

i need a new case. i tried buying the va8000bws but who i got it from keep sending me the wrong one and so got refund.

I cant find anywhere else (in uk) to buy it.. so thats that one out the window. their newer ones have that big lump of plastic on the top, so dont like those.

i like cases that have a window on side and the server grill look on the front.. any ideas???

More about : case

March 26, 2008 4:49:24 PM

Antec Nine Hundred for all your case needs. Need a cool looking case? Antec Nine Hundred! Need a case with the best airflow? Antec Nine Hundred! Need case where you can store your children at night? Antec Nine Hundred!

March 26, 2008 4:53:37 PM

i think its alrite, however, i dont like the PSU at the bottom it lifts up the mb and so the connections at the back will be in an annoying place aswell as the fan on the psu!)
i also dont like the odd looking top cover...

otherwise, great..
Related resources
March 26, 2008 5:07:13 PM

It's not a top cover... it's a 200mm fan blowing air outside of the case. The design to put the PSU at the bottom I find it to be FAR better than PSUs screwed at the top, this way the PSU doesn't suck in all the hot air in the case and ends up running a lot cooler, not only that, but the rest of the parts will also run cooler because in the place where the PSU usually is there is now an exhaust 200mm fan. And remember Hot air tends to go up.
March 26, 2008 5:27:49 PM

stephenstern said:
i think its alrite, however, i dont like the PSU at the bottom it lifts up the mb and so the connections at the back will be in an annoying place aswell as the fan on the psu!)
i also dont like the odd looking top cover...

otherwise, great..

omg that was such a newbie type thing to say....
March 26, 2008 5:30:40 PM

March 26, 2008 6:20:21 PM

Lian-Li PC-A71 or PC-71, just get it and buy the window mod from Lian-Li, its the BEST case on the market.
March 26, 2008 6:31:32 PM

FrozenGpu said:
omg that was such a newbie type thing to say....

Top and bottom mountings for PSUs have Pros and Cons.

Top:

Pros:
-Heat ventilation for entire case
-easier cable management
-Usually amounts to more room above the mobo
-Helps cool GPUs by sucking the heat produced from the back of the board

Cons:
-In some cases can reduce cooling of the CPU
-Not as stable, high center of gravity, making it harder to transport
-Can look ulgy

Bottom:

Pros:
-Usually amounts to better cooling
-Easier to transport, lower center of gravity
-Keeps PSU cooler

Cons:
-Worse cable management
-Heats up area above itself, the GPU/s
-Can interfere with Intake fan circulation
March 26, 2008 7:18:54 PM

I agree, Antec Nine Hundred. :) 
March 26, 2008 11:09:46 PM

The_Blood_Raven said:
Top and bottom mountings for PSUs have Pros and Cons.

Top:

Pros:
-Heat ventilation for entire case
-easier cable management
-Usually amounts to more room above the mobo
-Helps cool GPUs by sucking the heat produced from the back of the board

Cons:
-In some cases can reduce cooling of the CPU
-Not as stable, high center of gravity, making it harder to transport
-Can look ulgy

Bottom:

Pros:
-Usually amounts to better cooling
-Easier to transport, lower center of gravity
-Keeps PSU cooler

Cons:
-Worse cable management
-Heats up area above itself, the GPU/s
-Can interfere with Intake fan circulation

no bloodraven i was saying that as a response to his obvious newbiness, b/c he coudl not tell the top wasn't just a cover... plus man 3 120mm fans, plus a 200mm [on top] to exhuast hot air moving upward, b/c hot air move upward....is da bomb diggity
March 27, 2008 12:07:41 AM

sunbeamtech transformers
March 27, 2008 1:18:14 AM

I was just showing there was SOME truth to what he said, and 2x 120mm fans exhausting air on the top, 2x 120mm fans exhausting air out the back, 2x 120mm fans intaking air through the front, and finally 2x 120mm fans blowing air onto your GPU from the inside = even better cooling. Not saying the Antec 900 is a "bad" case by any means, I am using one now. It is just the best case for the price. For under $200 it has the best cooling and the most refined looks. However, once you break the $180 barrier you find some other great cases that cool better, look better, fit more, and have many more great features, if you want to spend the price. The ULTIMATE case is the Lian-Li PC-A71/70, with an official case mod that allows for 2x 120mm fans on the top, it has amazing cooling that no other case can really match. Also the case has an official window side panel mod also. Not only that but the case is also very large for very easier installation and cooling of the system. Lastly, it also has great features such as dual PSU design, removable motherboard tray, GPU holding bar for safety of GPU/s when transporting, and is made of all aircraft grade aluminum. There really are not actual cons for the case, but if that is too expensive for you there are nice cases for less. The Coolermaster stacker 690, Antec P-180/2/SE, Thermaltake Armor+, and Silverstone KL03 are cases for less than $200 that are as good as the Antec 900.
March 27, 2008 1:34:51 AM

I have found that the Antec 900 has excellent cable management options.
With the PSU at the bottom I can route cables as needed and keep them tucked to the side allowing for maximum air flow. Unused PSU cables can be neatly coiled and tied at the case bottom.
The PSU that I have actually draws air away from the video card, helping to cool it.
This case has 2 12cm intake fans, that cool the hard drives and then the inside of the case. My PSU is long and it does not interfere with case cooling in any way.

I am looking forward to the introduction of the Antec 1200 computer case, it looks like another winner.
March 27, 2008 2:10:43 AM

I'm looking to buy a case too and I have always wanted the CoolerMaster Centurion. I think I'll get it, since its like $50.
March 27, 2008 2:35:55 AM

You may want to check out the new NXZT TEMPEST case.

It has EXCELLENT cable management with pre-cut holes on the motherboard tray to route cables behind and even has a plastic cover that goes over top of them to keep them totally hidden. This case just came out last week.

SIX 120mm fans come included in the price of the case which has a MSRP of $99 US dollars

http://www.nzxt.com/products/tempest

March 27, 2008 3:02:45 AM

Too gamer for my taste. Any that are more sleek and simple?
March 27, 2008 6:27:38 AM

retro77 said:
Too gamer for my taste. Any that are more sleek and simple?

One of the best cases I have ever seen was the Silverstone TJ03, I saw it originally on the falcon northwest site, they use this exact same case with some small modifications. It is an extremely sophisticated that has been around for a while, but it is expensive.

You can find it easily at sundial-something electronics, I think is the site. Plus you can get almsot all of the otehr accessories for silverstone for there as well.
March 27, 2008 8:45:54 AM

hum, thanks guys. (apart from one as usual)

Thermaltake Armor+, and Antec 900 both have that strange looking cover at the top, be a fan in it or not.. still looks odd 2 me.. :( 
XZT TEMPEST - has the cpu at the bottom again, which for me will be a bit of a pain, so want to try avoid it.
March 27, 2008 8:48:58 AM

FrozenGpu said:
no bloodraven i was saying that as a response to his obvious newbiness, b/c he coudl not tell the top wasn't just a cover... plus man 3 120mm fans, plus a 200mm [on top] to exhuast hot air moving upward, b/c hot air move upward....is da bomb diggity

i knew there was a fan there! so keep ya crap comments to yourself. i dont like the look of the cover on the top. be a fan or not!
March 27, 2008 9:49:19 AM

If you want sleek the Coolermaster stacker 690, P-180/2/SE, and, especially, the Lian-Li PC-A71/70 look very sleek. Also, honestly I must admit I though the same about the 200mm fan grill too, but when I got the case it was not that bad. I perfer the Antec 900 P-182 SE, with its sleek design, pre cut holes for great cable management, and mirror finish, over the Antec 900. That actually is one of my only regrets with my current build.

Antec P-182SE:
http://www.directron.com/p182se.html

Good picture

Or if money is tight, the Antec P-182:
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=204356166&Sea...

But if price is no object, I still reccommend the Lian-Li PC-A71:
http://www.silverpcs.com/advanced_search_result.php?osC...

Or if doors are not your thing, the Lian-Li PC-A70:
http://www.silverpcs.com/advanced_search_result.php?osC...
March 27, 2008 10:25:11 AM

i have been looking at the 900 again, its only about £70 which isnt bad, may be a reasonable case to invest in for a while. still not 100% keen on it tho, but there dosnt seam to be much else i like
March 27, 2008 6:15:37 PM

stephenstern said:
i have been looking at the 900 again, its only about £70 which isnt bad, may be a reasonable case to invest in for a while. still not 100% keen on it tho, but there dosnt seam to be much else i like

dude you are more pickier than my b1tch...its a freakin case, as long as it holds all ur stuff together, and can cool your rig well, it shouldn't be this big of a deal...most people don't ask about a case, they just go to newegg or wherever they purchase stuff at, at look a round for a lil bit, then just get one...sheesh... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I'm not heckling you or anything, it's just that you have been presented with more options that you can apparently process, pick one, any one, you can't go wrong... :whistle: 

:hello: 
March 27, 2008 6:24:27 PM

i want a case i like the look off. its a bit brick thats gonna be in my room. of course im picky! i dont want any old square thing!. so yeah it has to be right and look good. i dont see the problem.

its easy to ask on a forum of loads of ppl and get a wider spread result, i cant look for cases i dont know about can i. all the results were not what i was looking for from the spec in my first post. only two 900 which only just meets it buy the front, and the nzxt. two options? wow loads of options to "process" as you say.

old saying... nothing useful to say, dont say it.. think that applies to your post :) 

i have gone with the 900 now as i got it for £58
March 27, 2008 6:27:08 PM

stephenstern said:
i want a case i like the look off. its a bit brick thats gonna be in my room. of course im picky! i dont want any old square thing!. so yeah it has to be right and look good. i dont see the problem.

its easy to ask on a forum of loads of ppl and get a wider spread result, i cant look for cases i dont know about can i. all the results were not what i was looking for from the spec in my first post. only two 900 which only just meets it buy the front, and the nzxt. two options? wow loads of options to "process" as you say.

old saying... nothing useful to say, dont say it.. think that applies to your post :) 

i have gone with the 900 now as i got it for £58

lol, grrrrrrrreat choice! *cough* duh *cough* :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
March 27, 2008 6:44:05 PM

FrozenGpu said:
dude you are more pickier than my b1tch...its a freakin case, as long as it holds all ur stuff together, and can cool your rig well, it shouldn't be this big of a deal...most people don't ask about a case, they just go to newegg or wherever they purchase stuff at, at look a round for a lil bit, then just get one...sheesh... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I'm not heckling you or anything, it's just that you have been presented with more options that you can apparently process, pick one, any one, you can't go wrong... :whistle: 

:hello: 

You are totally wrong. The case is the most important part of a computer, and is the least likely to be upgraded, so it should be picked with care. Second of all, please do not post such immature comments, the OP has presented a very good and reasonable question and it is our duty to help him with his selection. Also if you like the Antec 900, and since you still have not posted a budget range I will assume you are willing to go with the high end, the Lian-Li Armorsuit PC-P60 and PC-P80 are also great cases:

PC-P60 (midtower version):
http://www.directron.com/pcp60b.html

PC-P80 (full tower version):
http://www.directron.com/pcp80.html

Pricy, yes, but they are very good cases. The case is more or less a much improved version of the Thermaltake armor series with better quality, better tech support, better features, and much better looks. Keep looking for a case no matter what people say, particularly FrozenGPU. I will help with any questions and if you could list a budget and some likes and dislikes in cases I can send you on your way with a nice case.
March 27, 2008 6:47:20 PM

dude apparently you only read bits and pieces, he has already picked a case....

so skip the speech :pfff: 
March 28, 2008 12:59:46 AM

FrozenGPU if you had any amounts of reading comprehension you could see I am, as usual, a step ahead of you. Also you can see that you were caught the same way I was, he posted that while I was writing my post. The difference is that now you look like a total fool. Sorry, but your immaturity on this forum is tiresome, please just try to act your age, if you are not 13 years old that is.
March 28, 2008 1:27:48 AM

March 28, 2008 6:17:36 AM

dude blood raven, you and your b1tch are the ones who are dragging this out, all I did was point out the simple fact that he shops for things like my b1tch...now you my friend are gnawing off my ears like one as well... :pfff: 

I don't care when you posted :non:  , he posted that he bought the 900 at 8:24 PM, you posted 8:44 PM so shut it already... you must be an extremely slow typer, I strongly recommend you work on that first b4 picking fights with random people... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
March 28, 2008 8:18:11 AM

jeez. u moan about me shopping for a case (which i see as being perfectly normal?) and you moan over shopping for a case, which isnt perfectly normal... strange huh..
March 28, 2008 9:39:49 AM

The_Blood_ Raven, the link shows a lot about cutting holes in the mb tray to place the wires. i just recieved my 900 and it already has holes in it..?
a b ) Power supply
March 28, 2008 12:50:42 PM

Fry's has the 900 for $79.99 in todays ad with no rebate.
March 28, 2008 4:22:41 PM

The_Blood_Raven said:
FrozenGPU if you had any amounts of reading comprehension you could see I am, as usual, a step ahead of you. Also you can see that you were caught the same way I was, he posted that while I was writing my post. The difference is that now you look like a total fool. Sorry, but your immaturity on this forum is tiresome, please just try to act your age, if you are not 13 years old that is.

lol, dose anyone else kind find this funny....
March 28, 2008 6:20:43 PM

You can add some, I did and the temps droped 3-4c, and it looks very nice.
a b ) Power supply
March 28, 2008 6:47:02 PM

@Blood Raven & FrozenGPU:
NO FLAMING EACH OTHER,PLEASE!
a b ) Power supply
March 28, 2008 6:51:34 PM

@OP: Both the Antec 900,P182 and Lian-Li PC-A71 are all good cases. Pick one that you like the best and go for it. They all have enough room imo. If you don't find the case you are looking for make it or mod one that is already built to suite your needs.
March 28, 2008 6:56:55 PM

Relax Shadow, jeez. Anyway another great reason to mod the Antec 900 is that the CPU 4/8 pin connector really gets in the way, but is very nice if you can run it around the back, its not too hard to do.
March 28, 2008 7:00:19 PM

I like the Coolermaster Centurion 5! It is cheap, easy to use, and has good airflow, plus it doesn't have all the annoying lights and side windows. Nice, simple, sleek design.
March 28, 2008 7:02:24 PM

The OP has already bought an Antec 900.
March 28, 2008 7:31:42 PM

ROFL !!!
March 28, 2008 8:17:32 PM

Why no Purple lights? Why must they all be blue!!!

Kidding LOL............ Even if I had $1000 to buy a case I would make damn sure there were no lights other then the ones that indicate power and such and there would be no clear windows.

Does that make me old?
March 28, 2008 9:39:13 PM

Shadow703793 said:
@Blood Raven & FrozenGPU:
NO FLAMING EACH OTHER,PLEASE!

yeah sorry about that blood raven, and stephenstern.

I sincerely apologize about my netiquette.

I didn't mean to call you guys b1tches, or that you shop like b1tches, or that b1tches shop in a particular manner that could be construed as extremely irritating, and if I offended any b1tches out there I honestly do apologize about it.

Will you guys ever forgive me? :) 
March 28, 2008 9:47:57 PM

Sure :p  but really we were not flaming each other, just having a slight disagrement. Anyway that does not matter, I am wondering however is the OP will mod his case like I did?
March 28, 2008 9:51:30 PM

it sounded like he just might, it worked so well for my 900 is all i can say.
a b ) Power supply
March 28, 2008 10:59:19 PM

FrozenGpu said:
yeah sorry about that blood raven, and stephenstern.

I sincerely apologize about my netiquette.

I didn't mean to call you guys b1tches, or that you shop like b1tches, or that b1tches shop in a particular manner that could be construed as extremely irritating, and if I offended any b1tches out there I honestly do apologize about it.

Will you guys ever forgive me? :) 

Apology accepted.
March 28, 2008 11:09:36 PM

Lol shadow... you are quite... unique.
March 28, 2008 11:42:52 PM

The_Blood_Raven said:
Lol shadow... you are quite... unique.

yes, that he is, but it takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world. :lol: 
!