Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Why wont my card reader work on my acer aspire desktop

Tags:
  • Aspire
  • Acer
  • Desktops
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows Vista
February 23, 2012 5:07:41 AM

i have an acer aspire X1200 and the card reader doesn't seem to be working,I'm running Vista and have never really had any issues with this computer.

More about : wont card reader work acer aspire desktop

February 24, 2012 6:38:17 PM

jdylan27 said:
i have an acer aspire X1200 and the card reader doesn't seem to be working,I'm running Vista and have never really had any issues with this computer.

Is it internal or usb add on ?

When was it last working ? - Windows restore to prior date.

Error in device manager, or "Other devices" listed ?
m
0
l
February 25, 2012 5:00:03 PM

It is internal. I'm not sure when it was last working. I didn't use it for quite a while. I unfortunately don't have a restore point. and in device manager there is nothing listed showing error or other devices.


ksiemb said:
Is it internal or usb add on ?

When was it last working ? - Windows restore to prior date.

Error in device manager, or "Other devices" listed ?

m
0
l
February 25, 2012 6:08:23 PM

jdylan27 said:
It is internal. I'm not sure when it was last working. I didn't use it for quite a while. I unfortunately don't have a restore point. and in device manager there is nothing listed showing error or other devices.

I'll venture a guess and say it was affected by a Vista Update. Not much help, I know, but maybe if you search with more definitive info, you will find something in common. Here is some general info.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=vista+intrnal+card+reader+...
m
0
l