overstreet1983

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
I've searched far and wide for a solution to my problem, but so far no luck.

My dvd-rom has worked fine for me for the last two years. My wife and I recently moved, so we had to buy a new wireless router for the new place. It was a wireless-n linksys. We installed the software with the dvd provided ... everything was fine.

A couple days later (today) I go to play Fallout 3, and it doesn't work. I look in "my computer" and the disc is labeled properly ... Fallout 3 but it says the drive has 0 bytes and the folder is empty. I check device manager and it says the device is working properly. I tried uninstalling the device drivers and reinstalling. No luck.

I also tried checking my registry for what seems to be a common problem upperfilters and lowerfilters whatever ... no problem there.

I can't figure this out ...

Btw, I've tried other discs ... it detected them fine ... it reads audio cd's as audio cd's, fallout 3 as fallout 3, etc but in all instances, it says the disc is empty. Anyone know what is going on?

This seems to have happened after I installed the new router ... but I'm not sure if its just a coincidence or not. I tried a system restore to a week ago ... nothing ... then to two months ago ... still nothing.

I also checked all the wiring inside the computer ... seems fine. It MIGHT be the drive itself ... but, I just find that to be somewhat unlikely since it seems responsive otherwise.

Matt