Sign in with
Your question

Recovering Data on Hard Drive After reverting back to Vista

Last response: in Windows Vista
February 24, 2012 12:34:20 AM

I recently upgraded my Windows Vista to Windows 7 on my desktop, via a disc provided by Dell with my new laptop.
Apparently this was quite the uneducated thing to do, since it caused a world of problems.

Since, I have re installed Windows Vista from the disc that originally came with my Desktop.

My problem is it seemed to have erased everything. The information I am needing is not on my recovery disc.

However, my hard drive is still at the same capacity. Is there a way that while reverting back to Windows Vista that Windows 7 safely tucked my information aside somewhere?

Thanks you in advance for any feedback.
a b $ Windows 7
February 24, 2012 9:00:13 AM

cookinconcepts said:
I recently upgraded my Windows Vista to Windows 7 on my desktop, via a disc provided by Dell with my new laptop.
Apparently this was quite the uneducated thing to do, since it caused a world of problems.

Since, I have re installed Windows Vista from the disc that originally came with my Desktop.

My problem is it seemed to have erased everything. The information I am needing is not on my recovery disc.

However, my hard drive is still at the same capacity. Is there a way that while reverting back to Windows Vista that Windows 7 safely tucked my information aside somewhere?

You might try a recovery APP called RECUVA
m
l
February 27, 2012 2:52:43 PM

While, It's happens a lot, don't worry, if your drive is still at the same capacity, the data could be still there, only the system marks it as free space. You can try freeware recuva. it is an user-friendly software to help you find your data back, wish you luck, BTW, for your convenience, here is the place where you can download it: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/280846-32-will-recove... :bounce: 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 27, 2012 10:16:16 PM

cookinconcepts said:

Also look for a folder / directory with ".old" on your hard drive (without the quotes, of course)
m
l
Related resources
!