major x1650xt problems

So, I've got (important parts, at least)

Athlon XP 2800+ 2.2GHz (now, at least)
3x 512MB DDR333 RAM
HIS radeon x1650xt AGP 8x 512MB
AOpen ak77-600max mobo w/ a via KT600
Thermaltake Purepower 420w

The x1650xt crashes, sometimes bluescreens while playing games, but is fine otherwise. It hasn't been overclocked. I've tried every driver on the planet i had in store as well as the new ATI and omega drivers. Currently using the Omega's. When I hooked the system up to 2 PSU's, the bluescreens went away, but the games still crashed - however, they did play for a longer time than they did when the two PSU's weren't there.
I'm about to put the video card in an NF7 board and see how it runs there.
Any ideas on what else to do? What the problem is?

Oh, I ran memtest86 for a mere 15 minutes, no errors. I know, it was short, but I was frustrated and fairly sure the memory wasn't the problem - the system didn't crash when I had my old 9600xt in it, same RAM.
And i did try running the games with no overclock on the CPU - no dice.
Also tried running the games with a clear CMOS - also no dice.

pauldh

Illustrious
IMO, You are way underpowered and that is your problem. There are a few Thermaltake 420W PSU's, but I believe you have the Pure Power with a single 18 amp 12v rail. That is not nearly enough. I had one too, and it was a puny 12v on that thing.

I also have a His iceQ X1650XT Turbo AGP and the box states a requirement of 30 amps on the 12v. While that is probably overkill and assuming a loaded system, you still need way more than 18 amps. Mine ran fine in an Athlon XP, 1 HDD, one Optical drive system with an Antec TruePower 380W, which has a single 24 amp 12v rail. But keep in mind that system was far from loaded with those specs.

Check you power supply label for it's +12v output. If it's 18 amp you definately need a new PSU. If it's the 25 amp model, you still may need a new power supply.