Sign in with
Your question

"Disk not empty" message

Last response: in Windows Vista
February 24, 2012 8:21:51 PM

Hello,
Windows Vista. I've been using the DVD drive on my HP for 2 years with no problems. Yesterday, the programs started telling me that the disk was not empty, insert a blank disk. In the desktop window for my DVD drive under "Properties", it showed 0 MB used, 0 MB unused, and the pie graph under it showed the disk 100% full. I have tried 4 different brands of new disks with the same results. I bought and inserted a new burner today and there is no change. I get the same message when I try to format the disks.

More about : disk empty message

a b α HP
February 24, 2012 8:53:47 PM

Sniffpot said:
Hello,
Windows Vista. I've been using the DVD drive on my HP for 2 years with no problems. Yesterday, the programs started telling me that the disk was not empty, insert a blank disk. In the desktop window for my DVD drive under "Properties", it showed 0 MB used, 0 MB unused, and the pie graph under it showed the disk 100% full. I have tried 4 different brands of new disks with the same results. I bought and inserted a new burner today and there is no change. I get the same message when I try to format the disks.

Have you tried right click the drive media is in and erase ?
m
l
Related resources
!