Help choosing new Monitor

One difference I see is that the 2253 model has a better horizontal viewing angle(170 vs.160) . This is important because you do not get a washed out appearance if you do not hold your head directly in front of the unit. The best units have 178/178

From a performance point of view, I think they will be equal. From a visual point of view, I would take the better viewing angle of the 2253.

There are some review sites with more expertise that have compared various lcd's side by side. When I have had two different monitors, I was amazed by the quality difference when compared side by side, even though I would have been satisfied had I seen only one. You might look for some good reviews.

I do not know actually how important the 2ms GTG spec really is. That is 500 transitions per second. If it were 13ms, that would still be 77 per second which is more than the refresh rate of the fastest lcd's, and faster than the FPS necessary for good gaming. I suspect that I am missing something here, help anyone??