Internet connection inturruption

rkw

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
I have a D-Link Wireless G router connected to a cable modem. Every thing works fine. I am able to access the internet from my Dell Laptop with Win Xp and also my Mac Book.
However I bought an HP laptop with vista last month. This laptop connects to the wireless network. However the internet connection gets interrupted, often when I navigate from one page to another and I get an error message. If I shut down this laptop and reboot it, sometimes I am able to get back to the internet. The wireless network connection does not get broken at all.

I have tried resetting the router etc. The wireless network is secured. I know this is a common problem and also that the solutions could be different for each set up.

What are the things I can do to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks for any help.

RKW

n3f0ur

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
Could be interference. Move your laptops to the same room as the router and see how it goes.

If the laptop has any wireless card front-end program installed, uninstall them and use Windows wireless connection. D-Link is notorious for including their own programs which are useless to the experienced.

rkw

Distinguished
May 2, 2009

Resolved:

When the security setting on the router was disabled the problem was solved.

rkw