DVD Drive Not Working As Normal

progenitorvirus

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
My DVD drive, an LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10A which I burn with all the time under XP decided today that when I put in a blank CD and explore to write, it would give me the error:

D:\ Is not accessible

Incorrect Function

When I went into DVD Decrypter and tried to set the Booktype to DVD-ROM for DL media, it gave me an error "Unknown (FAILED)"

I found by searching a bit to turn on Desktop CD Recording on the drive, HOWEVER, I never needed to before.

Nothing was really done with my system, except for the fact that my second drive, a Philips 111D never worked correctly for burning, and I tried to fix it (Oddly the same type of errors).

Is there a reason why now I needed to turn on Desktop CD Recording when in the past I didn't, and could somebody explain why I could only ever get one of two drives to work? They're both on the same IDE cable with jumpers set to Cable Select.

If recording wasn't enabled on the 2nd drive, that would explain why it wouldn't burn anything. However, I don't know why all of a sudden your primary drive would revert back to a non-recording setting.

progenitorvirus

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
How would one go about setting it back to recording (For both drives)? So lost here, I got bored and actually made a cardboard enclosure for my external/sometimes internal second drive. (Don't worry, its all in anti-static bags XD)

progenitorvirus

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
This seems to be the problem though, only one will stay as specified to BE a recording drive. IE if I turn it on on my Philips drive, my LG drive has it turned off and vice versa. Is there a way to turn it on, on both drives? Thanks!

progenitorvirus

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
:S It still does it, I can only have one set to recording at a time. The other burns off fine now as well, odd seeing as how it hasn't burned off anything for two years, but only through another program, not through the Windows recorder thing.