Some applications do not start.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
Of late, there are some programs that do not start.When I try to run them the cursor hourglass shows up for a few seconds and then nothing happens.I've tried virus scans and nothing is detected.This problem happens with System Restore, Windows Media Player, System Information, Help and Support center.

Restart in safe mode: Turn on computer, wait a few seconds, start poking the F8 key every second until a diagnotic boot screen shows up. Choose "Start Computer in safe mode."
when computer starts in safe mode, there will be a choice screen asking if you want to perform a system rollback using a Restore point or continue to use machine in safe mode. Choose to perform the restore point.
Windows will show a calendar with dates of valid restore points in bold. Choose a recent date that you are certain the machine operated correctly, then click ok.
Windows will restart, perform the roll-back and restart again. Try your programs again.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished

Well even in Safe Mode,System restore does not start properly.The Application window opens and everything in it is blank, there is no text.Also there is no hard disk activity during that time.

First, try my suggestions above.

If they don't work, you can try the system restore points from safe mode with command prompt.
Boot into safe mode with command prompt-->at the command line, run the following command-->%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
I have tried scanning in safe mode with Malwarebytes 2 days ago but it didn't find a thing.And even though i can run System Restore through the command prompt, I think that I have deleted all my restore points with CCleaner and the current restore point does not solve the problem.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished

Yes it does, Go to tools>System Restore.You can delete all but the most recent restore point.