Well I'm in need of a new computer and I really want to make one myself. I know how to put it together and stuff, but I need suggestions on what to buy. I need something that will play WoW good and will be as cheap as possible. I would prefer a cheap core 2 duo system with possibility for upgrading later. I will NEVER use PcChips again so don't even say that.....
Uhh, "as cheap as possible" is extremely vague. You can technically build a system that will run WoW for extremely cheap, but you have to define a budget, because at lower price points, $50-100 can be an extreme difference in quality.
So, post budget and any brand preferences unless you want to give a spec list a go, rather than having us try and "guess the budget".
I didn't need anthing fancy just enough to play some medium-high quality games. I don't need a monitor. I was thinking about getting:
1. Asus M2N-SLI Motherboard CPU Bundle - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ Processor 2.80GHz OEM - $209.99
2. Ultra Grid ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB and Audio Ports - $39.99
3. Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz E.P.P. Memory (2 x 1024) $34.99
4. XFX GeForce 8600 GT XXX Video Card - FREE Company of Heroes PC Game, 256MB DDR3, SLI Ready, PCI Express, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Video Card - $69.99
5. Ultra / X-Connect V-Series ( XVS) / 600-Watt / ATX / 120mm Fan / 20/24-Pin / Modular Power Supply - $59.99
TOTAL = $415
I already have everything else. So hopefully this is good enough to play almost high tech games.
You really dont need to worry about having EPP memory if you arent planning on running more than one GPU... and the only reason to run more than one gpu would be if you wanted a card that was faster than any card out right now... so you would just get two of the fastest. But in your case 2 8600gt's would even be as fast as one 8800gt and still would cost more probably.
You can pick up a biostar tforce 560 & 5000+ Black for less than $200, a better psu like Earthwatts or Corsair 450W or less for about $50, and put the savings toward a better gpu like HD3850 or even HD3870.