Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Duel Boot

Last response: in Windows XP
July 20, 2010 6:48:29 PM

Hello,
I have installed a secong hard drive with identical operating sys. I want to hide the harddrives from each other for security reasons. how can I do this

More about : duel boot

a b 8 Security
July 21, 2010 7:02:11 PM

super2nova said:
Hello,
I have installed a secong hard drive with identical operating sys. I want to hide the harddrives from each other for security reasons. how can I do this

It may be sufficient to right click each drive then go to Sharing and Security and tick to mark the entire folder Private

m
l

Best solution

July 22, 2010 3:55:24 AM

In Device Manager under Disk drives right click on the hard disk drive you want to hide and select Disable in the context menu. You will be asked to reboot for the change to become effective.

After rebooting the drive will not show up in Windows Explorer or Disk Management.

Repeat the above steps for the other copy of the OS.

To make the drive appear again repeat the steps but select Enable when you right click on the disabled hard disk drive.
Related resources
August 1, 2010 6:23:29 AM

Best answer selected by super2nova.
m
l
August 1, 2010 6:26:01 AM

ko888 said:
In Device Manager under Disk drives right click on the hard disk drive you want to hide and select Disable in the context menu. You will be asked to reboot for the change to become effective.

After rebooting the drive will not show up in Windows Explorer or Disk Management.

Repeat the above steps for the other copy of the OS.

To make the drive appear again repeat the steps but select Enable when you right click on the disabled hard disk drive.

Thank so much......... my problen is solved.................... another Question......Is there any way for a virus or trogan to see the hidden drive... or actually disabled drive???????
m
l
!