Change boot order on acer laptop

Blueman249

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Hello,
I have an acer aspire 5315 laptop with vista home basic. I need to change boot order. F10 on startup gets me to boot options page but not sure how to proceed.
thanks Blueman

Blueman249

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
thanks ksiemb used your link but need specific steps for my laptop. F10 gets me to ' windows boot manager screen.Here ms windows vista> gets me to edit boot options page which has: Path : \windows\system32\winload.exe Partition : 2 Hard disc 62bd2482 [ /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN # ] where # is the text entry cursor. What commands can I type to boot from my cd drive E or is this the wrong screen. Other options are advanced use F8 - get blank screen or windows memory diagnostic option - again get blank screen. Also can my laptop even be booted from the cd drive???????

Wrong screen. You want to enter setup (F2) key.
You don't want to edit - you want to change boot order.

Blueman249

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012

thanks ksiemb F2 brings up acer empowering technology password screen - I dont have this and it is not default password 000000. So I have burnt Hirens Boot cd to find the password hidden on the recovery drive. I cant do this unless I can boot from cd. I cant get to boot options screen from F2 without the password!!!! This is driving me nuts. Any other way to get to boot options, from within windows or using the command prompt????? or maybe using another computer??? thanks for your help - note this is NOT a windows password.

When are you pressing the F2 Key ? You must do it during startup, right after the 1st splash screen appears, not after system is booted.
default pw could be all zeros

Blueman249

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012

hey kisiemb I have unlocked password by disconnecting bios battery. thanks for your help.