andre12a

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
Hi
recently acquired a bootup virus that would log me off as soon as I opened windows. I fitted a new HDD and want to access the faulty drive as a slave. However, when I try to open the new drive with the slave installed it stops during the BIOS procedure immediately after the start up from dvd,cd command with a fault message and the suggestion I should try restart with alt-ctr-del. This goes round and round in circles. As there is data on the slave how can I access it? If it isn't possible would rebooting with the windows disc repair the faulty drive?
Thanks
Peter

Translucency

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
"t stops during the BIOS procedure immediately after the start up from dvd,cd command with a fault message"

Why don't you tell us what error message? Wouldn't that be vital to help you with your problem?

Simply put, just install an operating system and add the 'faulty' disk later, so you can access it and copy data from it.

andre12a

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
There was a version of my post that contained the information "disk read error occurred" after the word message, but obviously that one didn't make it to the post. Anyway, if this information is vital to help with the problem, what is the status of your suggested solution.