Sign in with
Your question

Email problems can't send

Last response: in Windows XP
July 21, 2010 12:26:09 AM

Hello, can anyone help me with this it's driving me nuts.
An unknown error has occurred. Subject '', Account: 'mail.charter.net ', Server: 'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.2.0 you are not allowed to send mail to <cogginscharlie@charter.net> E9210', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

More about : email problems send

July 22, 2010 5:16:27 AM

I would check www.spamhaus.org , which is a spam block list site, on your mailing IP. You may be on a blocklist due to suspicions of spam activity. This typically happens if your network is infected with a spam worm.
July 29, 2010 1:32:43 PM

linuxhero27 said:
I would check www.spamhaus.org , which is a spam block list site, on your mailing IP. You may be on a blocklist due to suspicions of spam activity. This typically happens if your network is infected with a spam worm.

Thanks for your input, I really don't think it 's a SPAM problem however I did look and did not see anything that could be the problem. The problem all started with outlook express resending the same email over and over filling the in box to everyone I sent it to. Not just one email, all emails I would send. So with that, I think my problem is with outlook express however, I can't get anyone to tell me how to fix or reinstall outlook express. I called my ISP and all they will say it's not them and they don't support outlook express (Charter) I do believe the problem is in outlook express but I cant reinstall it or were to find it in my software to reinstall it.

Thanks

charlie
Related resources
July 29, 2010 2:19:03 PM

Outlook is part of microsoft office. Do you have the install disc? Or did it come already installed?

Outlook doesn't normally do that. Have you run a malware scan?
August 5, 2010 6:18:21 PM

yes, I have run a number of mailware scans. Remember this is outlook express not outlook. It did come installed. I have tried to reinstall internet explorer as well and can not. It is looking like I may have to format my hard drive to get this problem fixed however I really don't want to do that
August 5, 2010 6:54:48 PM

I see that you already ran malware scans, but some ways are more effective than others. You may want to check thru the guide in my signature. One of the big problems with Outlook express was security.

Here's a guide to try and repair outlook. If you don't have an XP disc, you'll probably want to try method 2.
http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_reinstall_ie_and_oe_...

When you try to reinstall IE, try it in safe mode with networking.
August 12, 2010 11:11:14 AM

outlook express is part of internet explorer. My problem is, I can't reinstall IE? Not even in safe mode, there for, no outlook express. need to reinstall IE and can't!!
August 12, 2010 1:11:53 PM

Yes, it is part of IE. If you look at that link, it addresses both, outlook express and IE6.
!