Games for kids? Help me, folks

I have recently built a low-end system for my sons' daycare. It's
just a P-II, but it still smokes the P-133 they had. I'm looking for
some suggestions here for legally free games I can load for them
before I send it. I know others have asked here about this before,
but I'm too damned lazy to find those previous posts. So, everyone
capable of answering this (again) for me, please do.

The kids in question are all 4 and 5 years old. They system is not
going to have a great video card, so games requiring lots of video
power are right out.

RagManX
http://www.gamingideas.com/ - think you can make a better game? Let's hear why.

Randy Graham's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> I have recently built a low-end system for my sons' daycare. It's
> just a P-II, but it still smokes the P-133 they had. I'm looking for
> some suggestions here for legally free games I can load for them
> before I send it. I know others have asked here about this before,
> but I'm too damned lazy to find those previous posts. So, everyone
> capable of answering this (again) for me, please do.
> The kids in question are all 4 and 5 years old. They system is not
> going to have a great video card, so games requiring lots of video
> power are right out.

What OS you running? I know of some edutainment games for Windblows and
Linux

Randy Graham wrote:
> I have recently built a low-end system for my sons' daycare. It's
> just a P-II, but it still smokes the P-133 they had. I'm looking for
> some suggestions here for legally free games I can load for them
> before I send it. I know others have asked here about this before,
> but I'm too damned lazy to find those previous posts. So, everyone
> capable of answering this (again) for me, please do.
>
> The kids in question are all 4 and 5 years old. They system is not
> going to have a great video card, so games requiring lots of video
> power are right out.
>
> RagManX
> http://www.gamingideas.com/ - think you can make a better game? Let's hear why.

Not free but check the bargin bins for tons of older games for less than
$10.

[LD]Dlander[TOP]
aka [LD]PaleHorseRider[AGB]

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:02:12 GMT, Randy Graham <ragmanx@gamerdemos.com> wrote:

> I have recently built a low-end system for my sons' daycare. It's
> just a P-II, but it still smokes the P-133 they had. I'm looking for
> some suggestions here for legally free games I can load for them
> before I send it. I know others have asked here about this before,
> but I'm too damned lazy to find those previous posts. So, everyone
> capable of answering this (again) for me, please do.
>
> The kids in question are all 4 and 5 years old. They system is not
> going to have a great video card, so games requiring lots of video
> power are right out.

I can't think of any free games off the top of my head, but these should
all be in the bargain bin, for $5 or so a game. My kids loved them at
that age, and the minimum requirements for most of these are well below
a PII (most are a 486). They're also educational, which is a plus for a
day care center.

1) Jumpstart Toddlers
2) Any of the Tonka games, such as Search & Rescue, Tonka Garage, etc.
3) Bob the Builder
4) GTA (just kidding)
5) Tune Town
6) <Insert Disney Film Here> Activity Center (such as Toy Story 2, etc.)

While not educational, Sega released a series of Genesis games ported to
the PC, such as some Sonic games, Ecco the Dolphin, and Bug. I got my
copies at Jack in the Box for about $2 a game. Another idea is to run
MAME with some older kid-friendly ROMs.

--
Troy

I can just see the kiddies running around yelling "SHAZBOT SHAZBOT
SHAZBOT" for weeks on end....

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hey, what about that old classic "SameGame"? It's a simple match-
the-colors game that might work. It's free all over the place- just Google.

--
{{{{{{{HUGZ ! ! }}}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

> Hey, what about that old classic "SameGame"? It's a simple match-
> the-colors game that might work. It's free all over the place- just
> Google.

Here's a simple free version to d/l:
http://www.tjerngren.net/samegame/

There's online versions, too, but I like the
old one that used to be sent via email years ago.