Need help picking right heatsink for 790i(EVGA)mobo

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Need help picking correct CPU cooler for 790i motherboard from EVGA

I was going to order it along with Zalaman 9700 cooler, but as it turned out it dosent fit it, due to large size and wrong bracket People have problems putting it on their boards.

I also looked at Zalaman 9500 but it uses a same bracket, and people complain that it does not fit either.

I need someone to guide me to good cooler, preferably with good ratings and such

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008

I was wondering if the heatpipes be on the way of these coolers ?

Its the same layout. It should be no problem. This is mine with the TEC cooler and OCZ memory cooler. The memory cooler was the hardest thing to install. I said a few choice words before getting it in place...

80a479b6.jpg

Yes it does. It has a very nice steady flow of cool air and thats exactly what those pair of 8800GTX ANS3 cards need.

I was at Frys today and the model of 790i I was looking at had a more inverted northbridge cooler that would be more obtrusive than the one on my 780i. This will make it more difficult to get a larger aftermarket cooler mounted on that motherboard but it looks like it still should work, it will just be tight...

I think its a bad design and likely is the complaint from many people that are buying that motherboard.

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008

it aready comes with those fixings ? and is it a standart model ?\
gimme a link on the website plz =)

bpogdowz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007