P5K-E on board network connector not working

chrisfromalbany

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
The P5K-E motherboard w/q6600 isn't picking up the network. When I put network cable in the back of box, I get no lights at all. I am running Vista 64 bit. I don't believe OS is the issue. I ever seen an instance where none of the network lights would come on when you put in a live network cable. Any ideas?

chuckm

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
Is the system seeing the ethernet connection. I'm not familiar enough with Vista, is there something like 'my computer' where you can make sure it's not disabled?

chrisfromalbany

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
Yea.. like the Bios setting.. I didn't see anything, no lights on in the back... Well besides Lan being disconnected or connected. I am updating the bios right now but besides that I am at a lost. I have another computer in the room seeing the network. Strange

chrisfromalbany

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
well I downloaded the most recent drivers for both the motherboard and drivers for the LAN connection. Again weird that no lights go on back of the computer when I pull in the drop. Making wonder if it is a bad LAN connector on the motherboard.

chrisfromalbany

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
I end up buying a wireless card... Asus support isnt open on the weekend.. Not looking good though.. googles search on such a common motherboard aren't showing any others having this issue.