Dell inspiron 1300 keyboard lags......

riya257

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
dell inspiron 1300 Laptop keyboard just started typing VERY slow.. Letters are taking a LONG time to show up onto screen...?makes a tuk tuk sound when i press or when the key appears.....no solution yet.....plz help......i hav no technical knowledge.....tried autorun/spybot/...not worked...removed batteries..no use.....couldn find pcm service/ati hotkey/instant office as well....plz help u will be my live saver....

riya257

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
i tried what u have said but it doesnt work ...the keys are alright till the laptop reaches the welcome screen..but starts giving tuk tuk noise and lags and needs a deep press and wait for every key to appear......thank yo any way for the suggestion pleas tell if u could find me a solution....

riya257

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
because after the problem...when i press the key it starts making a tuk tuk sound for each press and it requires a long press for each key to respond or appear..i meant it works alright till the welcome screen as i found the key responded normal and without sound when i pressed f8 for entering safe mode and the up and down arrow keys were behaving very normal when i was selecting the safe mode...so some ghost is sitting inside my system...i know it is some software or error and not hardware as the external wireless and usb keyboard too gives the same problem when connected..if some god like u give me a solution..i will be so thankfull..i thankyou so much any way for keeping in touch to find the error...plz help me....

start-->control panel-->system-->hardware tab-->device manager-->expand keyboards-->left click on your keyboard, then right click on it, and uninstall it-->restart-->it will reinstall on restart.

ArianS

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
The problem is because the North Bridge on the motherboard gets heat soaked as it does not make good contact with the aluminium plate under the keyboard which acts like a cooler. After I have bent the plate to secure contact and added a new thermal paste the problem was solved.