Cooler Master Stacker 810 combo

pokemon

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119145

I did some reviews on the Cooler Master Real Power Pro 850W and was very surprised at how good it is. Up until today, I have been debating on getting a Cooler Master RC 690 Mid-size case with a Seasonic S12 650W psu. I think its nicer to have a mid-size case but if cooling, cable management, and expansion are better with the Stacker 810, I think the extra $30 is worth it. I'm kind of stuck on getting as many intake fans as possible, but the one thing that I don't like about the 810, is that it doesn't have as many exhaust options (though the two 120mm rear fans are pretty sexy!) I would like at least 1 120mm exhaust on top. The thing I like about the RC690 is that it has a two slots for 120mm on the side panel, though I think 1 is sufficient. I like having the power supply on the bottom as well. I've worked with a Thermaltake Shark case so I've had some experience with Full Tower cases.

I think the big question is, how moddable is this case for maybe adding a side fan or top fan? My dad does carpentry so I don't think getting some help will be a problem. I'm sticking to air cooling and I guess it might be important to post some of my specs:
SLACR Q6600 CPU
4x2GB G Skill DDR2 800 RAM
eVGA 9600GT GPU
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
ThermalRight 120 Ultra Extreme CPU HSF w/ Yate Loon D12SM fan
6x Yate Loon D12SL fans
500GB 7200.11 HDD + 250GB ES.2 HDD

And if this case supports a Crossflow fan that may be easier to mount somewhere. Let me know your thoughts regarding the RC-690 vs Stacker 810. Also if you have any experience with the case in terms of cooling/modding, please share. Even if you have any good links, share them. I'm still looking over as many reviews as I can to really know as much as possible about this case. Thanks a lot everyone!

smbergie200

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
Well just wanted to share my PC Case with you. I bought a cooler master stacker 830 Nvidia Edition http://tinyurl.com/3bqxxn some of these ZALMAN 120mm Green LED Case fans http://tinyurl.com/3bkhft a couple of COOLER MASTER 120mm Stacker 830 Fan brackets http://tinyurl.com/32rzsh and a Ultra X3 1000W Modular ATX Power Supply http://tinyurl.com/2wwljl

This case can run a total of 9 fans - actually 8 since you need a drivebay or two. So I have four fans on the side - one in the back - 2 up front - and one on the top and then of course the fan in the power supply. Probably more than you want to spend but pretty sweet. Overkill - but of course - but isn't that why we all are here in the first place.

You really can't go wrong with coolermaster cases - they are quality. Unfortunately the PSU's that come with most cases lack the power for gaming systems. Good luck on your search for the ultimate case. I took me forever to decide, but im in heaven :)

pokemon

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
Well, according to all the good reviews, the ones that test more than efficiency at 300W and thats it (I hate sites that do that and call it a review, I'll stick to JohnnyGuru and H Enthusiast), the power supply that comes with this case seems to perform very good. Solid efficiency, no ripple, very good voltage regulation, and the temps are great and quiet. Its built by Enhance which is a very good sign :)

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
From what I see the Real Power series from Coolermaster is Tier4, meaning they are junk. I was thinking about this case myself but can not find it being sold without the power supply sadly, if anyone finds it without the PSU please give me a link. Again the power supply is a P.O.S. from what I have read and been told.

pokemon

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
There are some but not on very reputable sites. Most seem to be discontinued.

If you are going by this, and it also being at least a year old, you will find that it is tier 4. Since then, Cooler Master, excuse me, Enhance has swapped out much of the internals for higher grade components. If you use this guide or reviews worth reading, the Real Power Pro's can really perform, though I will say that its much like buying a TV. You will get similar performance with almost any tv you buy, but when it comes to reliability, you are going to start seeing some big differences. Don't buy into the stereotype that because it comes with a power supply, its going to be bad.

I will obviously, with any power supply for that matter, try to test it to make sure I didn't get a bad power supply.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Honestly I had just researched the Real Power series and it is not as bad as tier4, if you get a newer model which is rare, but not nearly good enough to buy. The 1000w + the stacker 830 is an amazing deal and as long as you never use over 700w then the PSU is great. I love the looks of the 810, but I would never put the PSU that comes with it in my system, so I do not want to pay the extra money. I am still looking for the 810 to be sold without the PSU, then it will be a major contender for my money.

pokemon

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
I was talking with someone at jonnyGURU.com and he showed me a couple of reviews if you wanna take a look HERE. I wouldn't feel any remorse getting this power supply over any other. I've made up my mind, but you might want to take a look. I've never used an Enhance power supply before, but you if you have a brand preference I'm not going to try converting you or anything like that :). Thanks for the help and definitely let me know if you get that 810 case cause I'm down for exchanging ideas on cooling and such :)

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Does the 810 come with 3x 4 in 3 bays? I read a review where he said that you can buy 2 more bays for 3x 120mm fans, yet the Cooler Master website says it comes ready for 3x front 120mm fans. I ask this because the review I read was of the "old" 810, and I was reading the combo deal case on the Cooler Master website.

pokemon

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
From the lack of reviews on it, and I think I've seen one (if you find any link me up cause I still have yet to read any), its hard to say. From newegg's site, it comes with one 4in3 bay, which I would expect. For me I'm only interested in getting 2, maybe 3, hard drives. I'm going to be jimmy rigging two more 120mm fans in the 5.25 bays anyways, because there is no point in paying $20 just to mount a fan.

I really would like to see more reviews on the case though. How old is this 810 revision exactly. I was never interested in the stacker when I did my first build, but it doesn't look as ugly now :)

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
The 810 revision is new, at about the time of last Christmas it was not out. Hey, tell me how that "Jimmy rigging" goes, if you can cable tie more fans on that would be nice. If not I will buy a better, and cheaper, 4 in 3 bay for fans.

pokemon

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
Yeah, thats what a lot of people do. You want to fasten them tight, on all four corners. You don't get better anti-vibration than that :). And seeing as how thin those panels are, I'm going to be positioning mine toward the rear of the bay so I can get better direction to places that need it. I'm trying to do a CAD version of the case so I might be able to show you.

The bottom poster HERE used a silicon kind of glue, but the stacker doesn't have any horizontal plates to glue to. Otherwise I'll be trying a couple of different methods, though I think zip ties will work great.

I like this idea for hard drive suspension, though I wouldn't want to be moving my case anywhere - http://www.simonzone.com/hardware/quiet/index.html

I'm going to be experimenting with different methods and definitely keeping a log with pictures and temps.