Scariest game I have ever played. I keep having to quit because it gets too
intense!

Either I'm getting old faster than I thought, or this game is seriously
good.

Anyone else in here played it?

Regards

Chris Foster
(aka Schrodinger)

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 23:59:03 +0000 (UTC), "Chris Foster" <youllhavetoask@meforit.com> wrote:

> Scariest game I have ever played. I keep having to quit because it gets too
> intense!
>
> Either I'm getting old faster than I thought, or this game is seriously
> good.
>
> Anyone else in here played it?

I have it, but haven't had a chance to install it yet. I'm still worried
it's going to run like a slideshow on my system (Athlon 2100+/GeForce 4
FX 5200).

--
Troy

Chris Foster's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> Anyone else in here played it?

I am waiting for the linux version

> Chris Foster
> (aka Schrodinger)

Why the new name?

Troy wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 23:59:03 +0000 (UTC), "Chris Foster" <youllhavetoask@meforit.com> wrote:
>

>>Scariest game I have ever played. I keep having to quit because it gets too
>>intense!
>>
>>Either I'm getting old faster than I thought, or this game is seriously
>>good.
>>
>>Anyone else in here played it?
>

> I have it, but haven't had a chance to install it yet. I'm still worried
> it's going to run like a slideshow on my system (Athlon 2100+/GeForce 4
> FX 5200).

Considering it's been proven to be playable on a 1500+/GF4MX, I wouldn't
be worried.

Chris Foster wrote:
> Scariest game I have ever played. I keep having to quit because it gets too
> intense!
>
> Either I'm getting old faster than I thought, or this game is seriously
> good.
>
> Anyone else in here played it?
>
> Regards
>
> Chris Foster
> (aka Schrodinger)

I've heard the same scary story from the guy here at work that has it.

--

[LD]PaleHorseRider[AGB]
formerly [LD]Dlander[TOP]

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 23:59:03 +0000 (UTC), "Chris Foster"
<youllhavetoask@meforit.com> wrote:

>Scariest game I have ever played. I keep having to quit because it gets too
>intense!
>
>Either I'm getting old faster than I thought, or this game is seriously
>good.

Pretty much everywhere I go, I hear the same comments. Apparently id
do know how to make a story based, single player, spooky game.

>Anyone else in here played it?

Not yet. I'm still throwing away all my spare time plus a good chunk
of my sleep time to City of Heroes. Once I back down my time from
that, I'll look for a deal on Doom 3 and try it out.

>Regards
>
>Chris Foster
>(aka Schrodinger)

RagManX
http://www.gamingideas.com/ - think you can make a better game? Let's hear why.

"Chris Foster" <youllhavetoask@meforit.com> wrote in news:cert87$pha$1
@hercules.btinternet.com:

> Anyone else in here played it?

I'm just getting started. But one of my team just finished it:

http://matureasskickers.net/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=6411

Screen shots and links to guides in that thread, as well as a link to
another site's thread on some key-stealing mod.

ajc

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Time to stop playing only the huge blockbuster titles and maybe get a game
like System Shock 2, or Undying.

Doom3 is graphically a very awesome game, atmosphere is good too - but WAAAY
too repeditive and the story... isn't much of a story. They almost force you
to read the PDA emails and listen to the audio logs to get the codes. You
don't really need them otherwise.

> I am posting to a lot of non gaming newsgroups now and many readers
> may not realise that "we" use our in game IDs for posting out of game,
> as it were.

And I'll bet OE doesn't let you use per-group identities. (I'm using Xnews,
which does. Albeit with a crude UI, since I have to edit groups.ini to
select which ID to use with a pattern of groups.)

"ScratchMonkey" <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote in message
> "Chris Foster" <youllhavetoask@meforit.com> wrote in
>
> > I am posting to a lot of non gaming newsgroups now and many readers
> > may not realise that "we" use our in game IDs for posting out of game,
> > as it were.
>
> And I'll bet OE doesn't let you use per-group identities. (I'm using
Xnews,
> which does. Albeit with a crude UI, since I have to edit groups.ini to
> select which ID to use with a pattern of groups.)

Correct a mundo my friend. I have, however, tried quite a few newsreaders
over the years but keep returning to OE for plain NG reading.

I use Agent for downloading binaries - from warez to mp3s (that sounds like
I use it for illegal downloading which may, or may not, be accurate).

I haven't found a newsreader with the ctrl+h function, or the excellent
message organisation of OE.

"Chris Foster" <youllhavetoask@meforit.com> wrote in news:cf13ho$lkk$1
@titan.btinternet.com:

> I haven't found a newsreader with the ctrl+h function, or the excellent
> message organisation of OE.

What's ctrl-h do? What organization does OE do that the others lack? (I'm
just wondering what I'm missing.)

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> "Chris Foster" <youllhavetoask@meforit.com> wrote in
>
>> I am posting to a lot of non gaming newsgroups now and many readers
>> may not realise that "we" use our in game IDs for posting out of
>> game, as it were.
>
> And I'll bet OE doesn't let you use per-group identities. (I'm using
> Xnews, which does. Albeit with a crude UI, since I have to edit
> groups.ini to select which ID to use with a pattern of groups.)

Well, you *can*, but it's a bit of a pain to set up. I'm just ">^,,^< Miracle"
in some groups (including this one), and "Electronic Fun Zone" in my M&B
group, and plain "Miracle" in yet others.

You have to create another account using the same info as usual, just
rename the news server. Gosh, I wish my brain would kick in and let me
describe it properly. But yes, it can be done- I'm using my "Tribes Only"
account right now. All of mine are through the free German server, except
for my binary groups.

--
Peace, Love, Rock 'N Roll,
Miracle

A long-time FPS playing buddy of mine said he basically gave up trying
to play it in the dark... ;-)

sTu.

> "Chris Foster" <youllhavetoask@meforit.com> wrote in news:cf13ho$lkk$1
> @titan.btinternet.com:
>
> > I haven't found a newsreader with the ctrl+h function, or the excellent
> > message organisation of OE.
>
> What's ctrl-h do? What organization does OE do that the others lack? (I'm
> just wondering what I'm missing.)

Ctrl-h shows only posts you have replied to or started in a group - with
your posts in red.

I have tried using Agent (still use it, but just for downloading music) and
a couple of others and none seem to organise NG thread as well as OE - some
will show a new thread if the title has changed for instance.

> Ctrl-h shows only posts you have replied to or started in a group -
> with your posts in red.
>
> I have tried using Agent (still use it, but just for downloading
> music) and a couple of others and none seem to organise NG thread as
> well as OE - some will show a new thread if the title has changed for
> instance.

As you can see, I'm using Xnews. It has a really nice scoring system that
adds scores to articles based on regular expression matches with various
headers. Replies to my posts (as determined by my message ID showing up in
the References header) are given a score of 9999. In the score column, this
is displayed as red text on yellow, so it stands out very clearly amidst
unscored articles.

I can also apply scores for keywords in the subject or for people or
domains in addresses, making it easy to spot what I'm interested in in a
busy group. I can set when each score expression expires, with the default
set to 30 days. Expressions can be global or per group (set by a group name
pattern to match).

TRENDING THREADS