Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is wucltui.dll and wuaucpl.cpl a malware?

Tags:
  • Malware
  • DLL
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
July 21, 2010 8:33:00 PM

hey i was wondering if these two was really a malware. coz this two was detected by my avira at the start up.

are there any errors on my system? or this two was really infected?

More about : wucltui dll wuaucpl cpl malware

July 22, 2010 7:47:21 AM

yeah, i saw that one on yahoo answers. so should i restore them from my quarantine list?
i was really wondering why the hell they were detected by Avira. is my computer infected? how can i fix this one?
m
l
July 22, 2010 7:07:52 PM

There are viruses that replace Windows files with themselves, so they *may* be viruses. If your PC is running fine after what Avira did, leave it be.
m
l
July 22, 2010 9:18:40 PM

hmm as far as i can see, my PC is still running as it is. so yeah, i hope nothing screws up.
should i expect that something "might" happen in my PC? or something gets worse if i don't get any remedy to fix this one?
m
l
July 23, 2010 5:33:02 AM

well, its really a toss up. As hang-the-9 said, sometimes viruses replace windows files with themselves, and they are named the same. your protection software might not know the difference, OR it might know something we dont. What you could do is keep the files in quarantine and run a windows repair to let the windows disc itself replace those files. Unless someone else has a better idea....
m
l
July 23, 2010 8:55:22 AM

yeah. those files are on Avira's quarantine. what's a windows repair? is that a software? where can i download that one?
m
l

Best solution

July 23, 2010 1:47:24 PM

ejcelis said:
hmm as far as i can see, my PC is still running as it is. so yeah, i hope nothing screws up.
should i expect that something "might" happen in my PC? or something gets worse if i don't get any remedy to fix this one?

Well, let's look at the situation. Avira quarantied what may or may not be a virus.

If it is a virus, your system is working fine now, no crashes. The virus is safe in quarantine. If those 2 files are not a virus, your PC is still working fine, so why bother restoring them.

If those 2 files ARE viruses and you try to restore them, who knows what will happen.

So your best course of action is to do nothing, any system issues will show themselves soon enough if there are any. Play some games, open some programs, movies etc... see if anything does not work right.
August 1, 2010 9:05:02 PM

yeah everything works just fine... no crashes and other stuffs similar to that... i was just scared coz after i quarantined the two, windows was asked me once to reinstall my OS... thanks for the advice btw:) 
m
l
August 8, 2010 7:30:06 AM

Best answer selected by ejcelis.
m
l
!