Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Unattended Installation Batch File Question.

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
July 22, 2010 12:35:05 AM

Dear all,

Please provide some tip or guidelines to help me with this script for me to reinstall MDAC.inf unattended.

start/wait rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 4 c:\Windows\Inf\Mdac.inf

The script runs properly but the only problem is that, it'll prompt for "i386" folder originally in Windows XP cd. I've copied the whole folder to one of our network drive and was wondering is there any commands that could be added to the script above so that it won't prompt for the "i386" folder location so that no user interaction is required? Any advice is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

More about : unattended installation batch file question

July 22, 2010 12:37:08 AM

Is it asking for the install folder from the source or the destination?
m
l
July 22, 2010 12:42:49 AM

Thanks for the reply lazyperson17.

Yup, its asking for the source which is the "i386" folder in Windows XP SP2 CD. Can we specify the source location in the script to make the installation invisible to users? Any advice is very much appreciated.
m
l
Related resources
July 22, 2010 12:45:37 AM

If you dont mind my asking, where is the i386 folder currently located?
m
l
July 22, 2010 1:00:33 AM

I've placed a copy of the i386 folder in our network drive with "G" drive letter. Thank you.
m
l
July 22, 2010 6:24:05 AM

Any feedback is really appreciated. Thank you in advance.
m
l

Best solution

July 22, 2010 3:32:38 PM

In the registry there is a key you can change.
HKLM/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Setup
You can change the location of the SP path as well as the original Windows intallation path where Windows will check for any files it may need from those sources.
August 2, 2010 1:14:51 AM

Best answer selected by gamestx.
m
l
!