Sign in with
Your question

Rate my final build please!--Ordering this week

Last response: in Systems
March 2, 2008 5:58:22 PM

Okay this is my final build for a new computer I'm going to be getting this week. I would appreciate any feedback or tips and etc :) 

This is going to be purely for gaming, and future gaming. Hoping that it will be a bit more time before i upgrade next!

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/wishlist/PublicWish...

This is the wish list where I have all the stuff i'm getting.

Also, I need to find a good monitor out there, sadly i use 1024 x 768 at the moment(I'm blind!) and I really hate these new monitors since none go anywhere near that size, so I'm kind of worried about whether or not I'm going to be able to read/see the stuff on my monitor, so any suggestions for that would be cool as well.

And lastly, I am pretty sure I want to get a soundcard because I hate onboard.....Any suggestions there would be great too!

~Alpha
March 2, 2008 6:15:24 PM

looks real good, but you asked for 2 Antec Nine Hundreds
Related resources
a c 75 C Monitor
March 2, 2008 7:10:01 PM

Again, only comment I'd make is to up ya budget enough for a 7200.11 instead of the older 7200.10's.
March 2, 2008 8:08:50 PM

looks very good
a b C Monitor
March 2, 2008 8:55:19 PM

alpha0meqa said:
And lastly, I am pretty sure I want to get a soundcard because I hate onboard
Give the onboard sound a shot first. You can always order a soundcard and install it if you still aren't happy with the next gen onboard sound. It's not like the old AC97 sound chip - it's actually quite good now.
22" widescreen monitors are popular at the moment. If you're not happy with the standard 1680x1050 resolution you can try running 1280x800. That should be a even little bit better than your current 1024x768 on a smaller sized monitor. Either of these two LCD monitors would be a good choice.

March 2, 2008 9:29:19 PM

Nice rig i just ordered one extremely similar to that last night.
Should serve you (and me) well
I actually got a soundcard with mine, a Creative X-fi Extreme gamer. I Havnt got my parts yet so i cant tell you exactly how it is but ive heard lots of good things.
Im using a 22" LCD 1680x1050 and its really not hard to read. My 50 year old dad has no problems and has been using the same monitor for 6 months (and he has reading glasses, lol)
good luck with your build

if you are interested this is what i ordered

antec 900
Corsair HX 620W
Gigabyte GA-Ep35-DS3P
Q6600
Thermalright ultra 120
Patriot 2x2Gb 4-4-4-12
Gainward 8800GTS
Samsung 500GB HD500LJ
Creative X-Fi Extreme gamer
Logitech z5500
March 3, 2008 2:40:57 AM

WR2 said:
Give the onboard sound a shot first. You can always order a soundcard and install it if you still aren't happy with the next gen onboard sound. It's not like the old AC97 sound chip - it's actually quite good now.
22" widescreen monitors are popular at the moment. If you're not happy with the standard 1680x1050 resolution you can try running 1280x800. That should be a even little bit better than your current 1024x768 on a smaller sized monitor. Either of these two LCD monitors would be a good choice.

hey i don't know too much about monitors, but isnt 2ms a lot better than 5ms ??
March 3, 2008 10:06:16 AM

i don't think it'd be really noticeable tbh. i'm on 5ms at WR2's res and i find it okay
a b C Monitor
March 3, 2008 1:38:18 PM

alpha0meqa said:
hey i don't know too much about monitors, but isnt 2ms a lot better than 5ms ??

To be honest a 5ms monitor may just as fast as a 2ms monitor. It depends on what's being measured.
A lot of the time you'll see the fastest possible response time listed and NOT the VESA industry standard response. times. And you almost never see the real average response times you can expect in day to day usage.
Usually 8ms and faster is considered fine for gaming.

Every once in a while you'll see some honest numbers and of course independent monitor reviews are a good source of information to compare monitors to find out which one is "better". 2ms gray-to-gray (GTG) is exceptionally good and probably near the performance offered by CRTs.

Once you have a monitor that is fast enough for gaming what should you also pay attention too?
Besides Response Time you want to pay attention to Viewing Angle, Brightness, Contrast Ratio
Display Panel Type 6Bit/8Bit, Color Performance (esp black levels), Range of Stand Adjustments
Other features like USB Ports and Media Reader and Input Video Compatibility.
Of course you also want to pay attention to "bang for the buck" value too.
!