Closed

Windows Experience Index will not run???

Windows Experience Index Rating will not run at all???

I just built a machine with quality parts and when I try to run the Windows Experience test to get a rating it states:

"The Windows Experience Index for your system could not be computed"
"Cannot complete the requested assessment. This system does not have the necessary multi-media support to run the requested assessment".

Could this be because I am using the i7-2700K and Z68 mobo integrated VGA output for the monitor? I didn't think because I thought it would still run, but just show a low score.

I realize this test isn't a great source of reliable info, but I would like it to run.

Anyone know why it may not be running? Fresh install of Win 7 Pro N with all drivers loaded up.
4 answers Last reply
More about windows experience index
  1. itakey said:
    Windows Experience Index Rating will not run at all???

I just built a machine with quality parts and when I try to run the Windows Experience test to get a rating it states:

"The Windows Experience Index for your system could not be computed"
    "Cannot complete the requested assessment. This system does not have the necessary multi-media support to run the requested assessment".

Could this be because I am using the i7-2700K and Z68 mobo integrated VGA output for the monitor? I didn't think because I thought it would still run, but just show a low score.

I realize this test isn't a great source of reliable info, but I would like it to run.

Anyone know why it may not be running? Fresh install of Win 7 Pro N with all drivers loaded up.

May be worth a read.
    http://www.rm.com/Support/TechnicalArticle.asp?cref=TEC2017803&nav=0&referrer=rss
  2. Iv had the same problem..But in my case i know why...I was at first running a hacked copy of windows 7 but im sure thats not in your case...good luck
  3. douglasw said:
    Iv had the same problem..But in my case i know why...I was at first running a hacked copy of windows 7 but im sure thats not in your case...good luck

Nice to hear you atoned ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  4. Ended up being the version of windows 7 I had, which was the "N" version that is missing the testing abilities for some European law or something. I installed the regular SP1 version and had no problems.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Vista