Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Windows Experience Index will not run???

Tags:
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows Vista
March 2, 2012 6:32:18 PM

Windows Experience Index Rating will not run at all???

I just built a machine with quality parts and when I try to run the Windows Experience test to get a rating it states:

"The Windows Experience Index for your system could not be computed"
"Cannot complete the requested assessment. This system does not have the necessary multi-media support to run the requested assessment".

Could this be because I am using the i7-2700K and Z68 mobo integrated VGA output for the monitor? I didn't think because I thought it would still run, but just show a low score.

I realize this test isn't a great source of reliable info, but I would like it to run.

Anyone know why it may not be running? Fresh install of Win 7 Pro N with all drivers loaded up.

More about : windows experience index run

March 6, 2012 4:57:38 AM

itakey said:
Windows Experience Index Rating will not run at all???

I just built a machine with quality parts and when I try to run the Windows Experience test to get a rating it states:

"The Windows Experience Index for your system could not be computed"
"Cannot complete the requested assessment. This system does not have the necessary multi-media support to run the requested assessment".

Could this be because I am using the i7-2700K and Z68 mobo integrated VGA output for the monitor? I didn't think because I thought it would still run, but just show a low score.

I realize this test isn't a great source of reliable info, but I would like it to run.

Anyone know why it may not be running? Fresh install of Win 7 Pro N with all drivers loaded up.

May be worth a read.
http://www.rm.com/Support/TechnicalArticle.asp?cref=TEC...
Score
March 8, 2012 4:11:07 PM

Iv had the same problem..But in my case i know why...I was at first running a hacked copy of windows 7 but im sure thats not in your case...good luck
Score
Related resources
March 8, 2012 4:28:08 PM

douglasw said:
Iv had the same problem..But in my case i know why...I was at first running a hacked copy of windows 7 but im sure thats not in your case...good luck

Nice to hear you atoned ! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
Score
March 15, 2012 7:02:54 PM

Ended up being the version of windows 7 I had, which was the "N" version that is missing the testing abilities for some European law or something. I installed the regular SP1 version and had no problems.
Score
!