Sign in with
Your question

Recovering Deleted Partition on External HDD

Last response: in Storage
April 9, 2009 2:18:15 PM

Hi,
I recently was reformatting my computer, and through the XP installation screen, I deleted the only partition of my backup hard drive (WD My Book). I did not format the hard drive so all the data is still there. I did a quick google search for it and found there were hundreds of results for software to recover a deleted partition, however I don't know which one would be the best for the job.

Thanks for the Help.
April 9, 2009 3:44:41 PM

Or is there a way I can just recover the data off of it?
April 9, 2009 4:21:03 PM

I got the same problem, except I my case I trashed the partition table when I mounted it in Linux.

A few years ago I used partition magic to rebuild a partition without destroying the data; guess what it did? It crashed and wiped the drive. Was I unlucky? Has partitionmagic improved? Or is there a better choice?

October 8, 2013 4:59:44 AM

Once I've lost my windows partition which contains lots of files and documents which were very important to me and my business. And finally i got my answer try it may be it also works for you
http://code.google.com/p/windows-data-recovery-software...
This worked for me so sharing hope it will work for you too
Since you just deleted the partition without doing any other operations, there is a guide for you to recover your deleted partition in a few seconds.for any guidance contact me
!