Crossfire - Is it actually working

Cynikill

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2008
I have installed 2 ASUS EAH3850 Crossfire boards on an ASUS P5K Premium motherboard with a 750W PSU.

Initial installation of XP with one board, ATI's Catalyst CC would not allow the option to enable Crossfire.
After second board installed, I was able to enable Crossfire.

Question - is there any way to test whether it is working properly?

When I run 3D Mark, I get about a 10% improvement (from 11K - 12K), but the online results don't appear to detect the second card - i.e. under video card, it says "EAH3850", and there is the comparison reading that says "EAH3870 x2", (with a 3D score of 32K!!! Cool!) - I would expect mine would say "EAH3850 x2".

The hardware mgr shows both cards, I have the latest video drivers and all of the XP patches.

I have been poking through the ASUS web site to find any details / Help on this, and so far, nothing.

Any comments?

Cyn.

In SLI the user can enable 'Sli Indicators' which results in a green bar appearing on the left hand side of screen when a 3d app is run, does Crossfire not have something similar?
What about using Rivatuners OSD to show the temps of your GPU's whilst gaming, that way you could see if the cards get hot at the same rate or if only one gets hot and the other does not.