Sanyo 32" HDTV: Model HT32744

Last response: in Home Theatre
July 9, 2005 3:10:52 AM

I found a Sanyo that I am thinking of getting, now that my older Sanyo quit
working. It is the Sanyo 32" (Integrated ATSC Tuner) HT32744 TV. Can any one
that might own one or knows more about this TV tell me anything about it.
Thanks.
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 10:11:36 AM

Generally Sanyo has been a fairly sound product, corporately they are having
a few problems but still produce good quality products.
"Mikael" <mikael26288@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I found a Sanyo that I am thinking of getting, now that my older Sanyo quit
>working. It is the Sanyo 32" (Integrated ATSC Tuner) HT32744 TV. Can any
>one that might own one or knows more about this TV tell me anything about
>it. Thanks.

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 6:33:35 PM

I've got the 30" version and absolutely love it.

"Art" <plotsligt@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Generally Sanyo has been a fairly sound product, corporately they are
> having a few problems but still produce good quality products.
> "Mikael" <mikael26288@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I found a Sanyo that I am thinking of getting, now that my older Sanyo
>>quit working. It is the Sanyo 32" (Integrated ATSC Tuner) HT32744 TV. Can
>>any one that might own one or knows more about this TV tell me anything
>>about it. Thanks.

July 10, 2005 12:03:07 PM

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&thread...

"Mikael" <mikael26288@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I found a Sanyo that I am thinking of getting, now that my older Sanyo quit
>working. It is the Sanyo 32" (Integrated ATSC Tuner) HT32744 TV. Can any
>one that might own one or knows more about this TV tell me anything about
>it. Thanks.

Anonymous
July 11, 2005 2:33:32 AM

I own this TV. Bought it at Wal-Mart for $647. Absolutely love it.
Great picture, easy to use remote and menus. Built in ATSC tuner is
the best of all. Plugged it into the existing rooftop antenna and got
6 digital stations (2 HD, 4SD) perfectly.

I'm watching DVD through the component input off a Denon 2900, and
everything looks spectacular.

All in all a great TV for someone on a budget. I've had good luck over
the years with Sanyo products, but have never owned one of their TV's.
I've only had this one a few months, but hope to get 10 years out of
it.

One other thing. I watch lots of TV shows on DVD, far more than
movies, and the great majority of what I watch is in 4:3, so for me
this TV was the perfect choice. However, if you watch a lot of movie
DVD's that are anamorphic 16:9, or live in a big city that's
broadcasting 16:9 high def all the time, you might consider the 30"
widescreen that's part of the same Sanyo family. I'm used to
letterboxing after all these years, but after watching real broadcast
HD, it's clear to me that a widescreen TV is the way to go, if that's
what you'll be watching. Once all my local stations go HD, and a
viable HD-on-disc format is launched, the Sony 34" XBR will be my dream
machine. The Sanyo was, for me, the perfect bridge display.

-beaumon
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 2:20:14 PM

I have had one for about 6 months and it works great. The DTV tunner
works better that my old samsung SIR-T151 did at pulling in and locking
on OTA channels.

A couple of really minor things I think could be improved are:

1. Speakers are good at normal volume but for action movies and high
volume they are not that good.(I use suround sound for movies anyway)

2. With my old SIR-T151 STB I could access a DTV programing menu (if the
station was sending one) to see what was on TV. The Sanyo dosn't seem to
have this feature however I do get station information with the current
program being broadcast.

Because the picture is great on this set(and thats the bottom line),
it's a great value. Works well with my panasonic DVD, old vcr, HI-8
camcorder (S-VIDEO) and sometimes X-box (S-VIDEO). I use it only OTA and
get 3 HD channels. One is 1080i and two are 720P and all three look great.

Mikael wrote:
> I found a Sanyo that I am thinking of getting, now that my older Sanyo quit
> working. It is the Sanyo 32" (Integrated ATSC Tuner) HT32744 TV. Can any one
> that might own one or knows more about this TV tell me anything about it.
> Thanks.

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 11:08:10 PM

Can you make use of the progressive scan feature, on a DVD player with
progressive scan, with this TV? My older TV screen, would go black when I
pressed the progressive scan button on my Philips DVD 724 player. It didn't
support that feature. Thanks so far for the great info.

news:D atv7a$r5j$1@ruby.cit.cornell.edu...

!