Can NOT find server page-keep getting

Hi- I am posting for someone else who has this problem and I am trying to
help her resolve this. Many times when browsing from page to page, the 'CAN
NOT find server' page happens to appear too often. I get that even on DSL at
times. but, this happens way too many times each day. she has dialup on a
WIN XP sp1 computor.
she says that one way she has gone around this annoying thing is restarting
the pc. and it has helped. but, what can I have her do to try to fix this
constant happening. what can I check for or configure? her, privacy settings
are set to med-high as mine are.
HAS: trend micro AV, zonealarm, spyblaster, Ad-aware. Let me add that this
is not something new. this has been going on for a LONG long time. I visit
her about 2 a month so its hard to do alot of trouble shooting myself. I
will have to relate your advise to her myself. thanks for any help and tips.
3 answers Last reply
More about find server page keep getting

    "MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi- I am posting for someone else who has this problem and I am
    > trying to help her resolve this. Many times when browsing from page
    > to page, the 'CAN NOT find server' page happens to appear too often.
    > I get that even on DSL at times. but, this happens way too many times
    > each day. she has dialup on a WIN XP sp1 computor.
    > she says that one way she has gone around this annoying thing is
    > restarting the pc. and it has helped. but, what can I have her do to
    > try to fix this constant happening. what can I check for or
    > configure? her, privacy settings are set to med-high as mine are.
    > HAS: trend micro AV, zonealarm, spyblaster, Ad-aware. Let me add
    > that this is not something new. this has been going on for a LONG
    > long time. I visit her about 2 a month so its hard to do alot of
    > trouble shooting myself. I will have to relate your advise to her
    > myself. thanks for any help and tips.

    Cannot Find \Windows\System32\hall.dll
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > "MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi- I am posting for someone else who has this problem and I am
    >> trying to help her resolve this. Many times when browsing from page
    >> to page, the 'CAN NOT find server' page happens to appear too often.
    >> I get that even on DSL at times. but, this happens way too many times
    >> each day. she has dialup on a WIN XP sp1 computor.
    >> she says that one way she has gone around this annoying thing is
    >> restarting the pc. and it has helped. but, what can I have her do to
    >> try to fix this constant happening. what can I check for or
    >> configure? her, privacy settings are set to med-high as mine are.
    >> HAS: trend micro AV, zonealarm, spyblaster, Ad-aware. Let me add
    >> that this is not something new. this has been going on for a LONG
    >> long time. I visit her about 2 a month so its hard to do alot of
    >> trouble shooting myself. I will have to relate your advise to her
    >> myself. thanks for any help and tips.
    >
    > Cannot Find \Windows\System32\hall.dll
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm

    Ignore this. I don't know what I was thinking - probably a different post.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    "MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi- I am posting for someone else who has this problem and I am
    > trying to help her resolve this. Many times when browsing from page
    > to page, the 'CAN NOT find server' page happens to appear too often.
    > I get that even on DSL at times. but, this happens way too many times
    > each day. she has dialup on a WIN XP sp1 computor.
    > she says that one way she has gone around this annoying thing is
    > restarting the pc. and it has helped. but, what can I have her do to
    > try to fix this constant happening. what can I check for or
    > configure? her, privacy settings are set to med-high as mine are.
    > HAS: trend micro AV, zonealarm, spyblaster, Ad-aware. Let me add
    > that this is not something new. this has been going on for a LONG
    > long time. I visit her about 2 a month so its hard to do alot of
    > trouble shooting myself. I will have to relate your advise to her
    > myself. thanks for any help and tips.

    run HijackThis; http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip
    HijackThis - Tutorial & FAQ;
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=42

    Register here: http://aumha.net/profile.php?mode=register
    Once you have received your registration confirmation, post your HJT
    log here: *(for expert analysis)*
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30

    HijackThis tutorial:
    http://aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm