Can NOT find server page-keep getting

Tags:
  • Servers
  • Windows XP
August 2, 2005 2:36:46 AM

Hi- I am posting for someone else who has this problem and I am trying to
help her resolve this. Many times when browsing from page to page, the 'CAN
NOT find server' page happens to appear too often. I get that even on DSL at
times. but, this happens way too many times each day. she has dialup on a
WIN XP sp1 computor.
she says that one way she has gone around this annoying thing is restarting
the pc. and it has helped. but, what can I have her do to try to fix this
constant happening. what can I check for or configure? her, privacy settings
are set to med-high as mine are.
HAS: trend micro AV, zonealarm, spyblaster, Ad-aware. Let me add that this
is not something new. this has been going on for a LONG long time. I visit
her about 2 a month so its hard to do alot of trouble shooting myself. I
will have to relate your advise to her myself. thanks for any help and tips.

More about : find server page

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:34:16 AM

"MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
> Hi- I am posting for someone else who has this problem and I am
> trying to help her resolve this. Many times when browsing from page
> to page, the 'CAN NOT find server' page happens to appear too often.
> I get that even on DSL at times. but, this happens way too many times
> each day. she has dialup on a WIN XP sp1 computor.
> she says that one way she has gone around this annoying thing is
> restarting the pc. and it has helped. but, what can I have her do to
> try to fix this constant happening. what can I check for or
> configure? her, privacy settings are set to med-high as mine are.
> HAS: trend micro AV, zonealarm, spyblaster, Ad-aware. Let me add
> that this is not something new. this has been going on for a LONG
> long time. I visit her about 2 a month so its hard to do alot of
> trouble shooting myself. I will have to relate your advise to her
> myself. thanks for any help and tips.

Cannot Find \Windows\System32\hall.dll
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
>> Hi- I am posting for someone else who has this problem and I am
>> trying to help her resolve this. Many times when browsing from page
>> to page, the 'CAN NOT find server' page happens to appear too often.
>> I get that even on DSL at times. but, this happens way too many times
>> each day. she has dialup on a WIN XP sp1 computor.
>> she says that one way she has gone around this annoying thing is
>> restarting the pc. and it has helped. but, what can I have her do to
>> try to fix this constant happening. what can I check for or
>> configure? her, privacy settings are set to med-high as mine are.
>> HAS: trend micro AV, zonealarm, spyblaster, Ad-aware. Let me add
>> that this is not something new. this has been going on for a LONG
>> long time. I visit her about 2 a month so its hard to do alot of
>> trouble shooting myself. I will have to relate your advise to her
>> myself. thanks for any help and tips.
>
> Cannot Find \Windows\System32\hall.dll
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm

Ignore this. I don't know what I was thinking - probably a different post.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
> Hi- I am posting for someone else who has this problem and I am
> trying to help her resolve this. Many times when browsing from page
> to page, the 'CAN NOT find server' page happens to appear too often.
> I get that even on DSL at times. but, this happens way too many times
> each day. she has dialup on a WIN XP sp1 computor.
> she says that one way she has gone around this annoying thing is
> restarting the pc. and it has helped. but, what can I have her do to
> try to fix this constant happening. what can I check for or
> configure? her, privacy settings are set to med-high as mine are.
> HAS: trend micro AV, zonealarm, spyblaster, Ad-aware. Let me add
> that this is not something new. this has been going on for a LONG
> long time. I visit her about 2 a month so its hard to do alot of
> trouble shooting myself. I will have to relate your advise to her
> myself. thanks for any help and tips.

run HijackThis; http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip
HijackThis - Tutorial & FAQ;
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtu...

Register here: http://aumha.net/profile.php?mode=register
Once you have received your registration confirmation, post your HJT
log here: *(for expert analysis)*
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30

HijackThis tutorial:
http://aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm