help whic psu is better?

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Seriously, the Antec is much better, the raidmax does not have more amperage and what is amperage if the PSU is a melted peice of junk. The Antec WILL serve you MUCH better than the Raidmax, end of story. I HATE it when people look at specifications on PSUs and judge them accordingly, anyone with even the slightest amount of experience knows that the specifications mean almost nothing and are never to be taken seriously.

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

Of course you can't add them. But it would be somewhat close. Or would it be 28amps? There's loss between rails, but what kind of loss would that be?

But yeah, 41amps on a single rail is much better.

DellUser1 wrote :

He should be all set then cause if you add all that up it's really a 716 watt psu :pfff:

What was that about?

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

Lol, no idea where it comes from. No reputable review, unless you consider me reputable. :na:

I brought this because at this price it's such a steal. Since Newegg has good timely refund and exchange, I took a chance. I was surprised at how good it was. Completely stable output across all rails under high load, which is rare even on brand-name powersupplies. The fan is quite loud, but it's high speed, and cools the psu well. I've only had it for a few days, unsure of durability. But the material feels solid and high quality. Heavier than other psus I've used.

Anyway, maybe I got a good egg and you'll get a bad one. Non brand-name, so buy at your own risk.

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006

Yes, It will be fine.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Good luck with it. Let us know if it blows up and takes out your system.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
I assume you know he's running water. He does fall under the max wattage, but at a peak of 188W or 15.6A that only leaves him 18.4 Amps. the CPU OCed to 3.4G at 1.4V is drawing about 133W/12V is ~11A. That leaves 8.4A for all other components. Assuming my assumptions are correct, which they may not be, that appears to be a little tight to me. Check his sig for the additional components.